1962 FJ40 Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here a thread on my '62. Had pretty good material to start with. Purchased vehicle from original owner in western Oregon.

Still not 100%. Have to paint "LANDCRUISER" in bezel, install new headliner and a few other things.
L1032251.jpg
L1032254.jpg
L1032226.jpg

More Photos
IMG_8541.jpg
IMG_8547.jpg
IMG_8548.jpg

More photos
IMG_8675.jpg
IMG_8670.jpg
IMG_8689.jpg

Body work & paint
IMG_9040.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

putting it back together
IMG_0124.jpg
L1032566.jpg
L1032567.jpg

near completion
L1032575.jpg

Almost complete 2
IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1032.jpg

Almost complete 3
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_1020.jpg
IMG_1027.jpg

That is one nice early cruiser. Hard to believe it came from Western Oregon not Eastern Oregon where it's dry. Need to get the hub caps redone and find the correct early dual sided front turn signals. This cruiser is worth the fisihing touches.

Not sure if the two panes of glass is stock or not. I got one that I think was added not stock. It's more useful with the extra piece of glass just not sure if it's stock.

Was that the original paint and what color did you end up painting it?

John

Really nice work Mike :cheers:

Also looks like you have a great place to work in ;)

What did you do to re-condition your seals? Mine are pretty dried out :frown: I have learned of a few tricks, but never hurts to ask again!

I need to make a few of those older tail light brackets, and plan to make them as OEM as possible (wish I could just buy an old set) if your interested, I'll let you know how they turn out.

That is one nice early cruiser. Hard to believe it came from Western Oregon not Eastern Oregon where it's dry. Need to get the hub caps redone and find the correct early dual sided front turn signals. This cruiser is worth the fisihing touches.

Not sure if the two panes of glass is stock or not. I got one that I think was added not stock. It's more useful with the extra piece of glass just not sure if it's stock.

Was that the original paint and what color did you end up painting it?

John

John, my mistake... it did come from Eastern Oregon. Baker in fact.

These photos are of the ones that came on it. Are they original?

Not sure on the original color. I think it may have been Judson Green, no paint code that I could find. New color is the Nebula Green code.

Thanks for the comments and help. Mike
IMG_8449.jpg
IMG_8439.jpg

Really nice work Mike :cheers:

Also looks like you have a great place to work in ;)

What did you do to re-condition your seals? Mine are pretty dried out :frown: I have learned of a few tricks, but never hurts to ask again!

I need to make a few of those older tail light brackets, and plan to make them as OEM as possible (wish I could just buy an old set) if your interested, I'll let you know how they turn out.

To recondition the glass seals I use a rubber cleaner & conditioner from Griots Garage I think.

Thanks, Mike

Id like to see how you brackets work. We ended up just using some steel lying around... kind of clunky looking.

Very nice, supper Job :cheers:

Did you use new springs ?

what size Tires are you running ?

The original springs were sagging and somewhat un-even. Replaced with SOR which I believe ended up lifting it a couple of inches over stock.

Tires are 700-15 Firestone Military NDCC from Universal Vintage Tire Inc. on 15" stock rims.

Thanks for the comments and help. Mike

Thanks, we started to disassemble late October '07 and took it to a local car show in mid-September'08.

Mike

I just got to say wow again. I love it. This is how I hope my 64 one day looks. Love the ndt tires too.

More pics!

a)That is one nice early cruiser.

b)Not sure if the two panes of glass is stock or not. I got one that I think was added not stock. It's more useful with the extra piece of glass just not sure if it's stock.

John
Hi John
a ) yes :) ( great job Mike :clap:)
b) no ( but`s fine ) see pic

c) Mike, I would spray the rear bumper bolts in car colour ;)

again : Great resto !!!!!!

Cheers
Peter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom