FJ Cruisers on the Rubicon – 2014 Rubithon! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
FJ Cruisers on the Rubicon – 2014 Rubithon!

June 19th - 22nd

Its on again! 2014 Rubithon is coming this June. Metal-tech 4x4 guided a special group of FJ Cruisers for the 25th anniversary of the TLCA Rubithon event last year. We have been ask to do it again and are honored to do so. The FJC’s will be going in early at 8AM from Loon Lake. We will be in two groups of 5, plus a lead truck. This year we will be doing a Thursday in to Sunday out. This will put us on the trail Thursday AM, overnight at Buck Island then onto the Springs on Friday.

Metal-tech 4x4 will be camping Wednesday June 18th night at Loon Lake near the trailhead if anyone wanted to join us up there. Makes for an easier 8 AM departure the next day!

In order to keep things moving and that all the trucks are running the same lines we are requiring all the trucks have 34” or 35” tires. This is the one and only main requirement.

Strongly Suggested:
Skid plates, Sliders

Suggested:
Front bumper, rear bumper

The Rubicon trail is a 100% pack it out trail, this includes human waste. There are pit toilets in the springs but the rest of the time on the trail it’s a bag. This is why when you see photos of trucks on the Rubicon, they usually have a trash bag OUTSIDE of their truck.

To register go here:
http://www.rubithon.com/

We will also use this thread as a discussion leading up to the run as well.

It's only 30 hours to Ouray. The Rubicon can't be much further.

15 hours from Sacramento to Ouray. You could always leave your FJ up at our shop in Oregon between the two events. It is about a 20 hour drive from our location to Ouray.

It's only 30 hours to Ouray. The Rubicon can't be much further.

15 hours from Sacramento to Ouray. You could always leave your FJ up at our shop in Oregon between the two events. It is about a 20 hour drive from our location to Ouray.

Yup. did it in '08 and received the "Iron Butt" award. Hit Moab along the way also. I'm still trying to get a group of ONSC guys to trailer rigs out there...

Rubicon is a true bucket list item for most off roaders. Tie in it being a founding TLCA event and it just gets better.

Mark

Mark - While I will have the FJ on the trail again this year, I'm planning on doing the reverse run with Mudrak, hitting the dam on Wednesday afternoon, then the double locker run. Alex will be driving the 40. If something changes, I'll check to see if you still have room.

There is no one better then Metal Tech to go on rubicon with. I've been on the rubicon twice with mark and LT. On those trips I learned so much from them about picking lines, driving the truck on very complex obstacles and how to get the most from your fj cruiser without bashing it up (although no promises) . And around camp you'll have a blast. Anyone lucky enough to go in with Metal Tech 4x4 will have the experience of a life time.

And if you're on the fence here is what you missed at last year's Rubithon event.

Last edited:
Cool video! Thank you! Hopefully someday I can go, It just seems like I'll never get to do things I like to do like that.

LT - Check with Eric (BadCoco) -- he has the registration info

I am still going. To bad it did not work out for anyone else. Really looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom