FJ Cruiser finished 2nd in the Baja 1000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
FJ Cruiser finished 2nd missed 1st by 34 seconds :mad:

STOCK MINI (Stock, mini trucks)—
1. Dan Fresh, San Juan Capistrano, Calif./Sean Douglass/Dale Godges, Irvine, Calif., Mitsubishi Raider, 34:36:44 (30.27mph);
2. Rod Millen (New Zealand)/Ryan Millen, Newport Beach, Calif., Toyota FJ Cruiser, 34:37:18;
3. Rod Hall, Reno, Nev./Emily Miller, Crested Butte, Colo./Mike Winkel, Reno, Nev., Hummer H3, 36:37:17;
4. Gavin Skilton, Orange, Calif./Kevin Jensen, Apple Valley, Calif./Clive Skilton, Orange, Calif., Honda Ridgeline, 42:51:25. (6 Starters, 4 Finishers)

Damn!!! XCELLENT!
Thnx Phil -

It wasn't second overall. Second only in it's class, which is still pretty impressive:

In the Stock Mini Class, veteran Dan Fresh, San Juan Capistrano, Calif., pulled of a strong class win in the maiden race of a Mitsubishi Raider, edging Rod Millen’s Toyota FJ Cruiser but a mere 43 seconds.

It was pretty cool. Our local news had a lot of coverage due to some locals entering. We ended up seeing some clips and one had the Millen FJ.

The special Micron Technology Baja Challenge class for identically-equipped Subaru-powered Baja touring cars that helps introduce crossover racers and celebrities to SCORE desert racing and had an all-time high 20 starters, was won by a team led by Micron Chairman, CEO and President Steve Appleton, who was competing for the first time in a SCORE race.

Thanks for the link Phil. That's a good writeup.

i was on the millenworks team and will be writing up an article for TT about it. we had more issues than a bad ECU......

IFS trouble? don't let the 100 folks see this....! :D

Did Kevin Nesecery in the other fj finish , it looks as if he may have rolled it.

i was on the millenworks team and will be writing up an article for TT about it. we had more issues than a bad ECU......
I'd be interested in knowing what the problem was with the no-start issues. I had a very similar problem...it would start, then stall immediately. I figured out it would run, but only above 4000rpm....then it fixed itself.:confused:

Ps...saw the show...kinda cool :D

I'd be interested in knowing what the problem was with the no-start issues. I had a very similar problem...it would start, then stall immediately. I figured out it would run, but only above 4000rpm....then it fixed itself.:confused:

Ps...saw the show...kinda cool :D

It was the Mass air flow sensor.Ironically we had every sensor with us to to replace except that one:doh:
Glad you liked the show:)

Mass air flow, huh? Interesting...
The show is on again. I keep missing the first 15 min. :mad: I like the shots from the air of the Cruiser flying down the dirt. In most of the clips, they are passing. I liked the one of the Cruiser passing the Hummer H1. :flipoff2:

Considering they were driving 95mph on average Off Road, you can expect to break things. I think they could have travelled a lot slower, say 60 and would have done better. Great article though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom