Gauging interest: Waterjet Run of 3B Exhaust Manifold Flanges. (BYO Turbo Manifolds). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a waterjet company cutting me a flange so I can fabricate an exhuast manifold for the turbo setup on my 3B. As we speak they are still running the measurements into the program, so they have not started cutting the actual product. I figured that this would be a good time to gauge interest on whether I should be getting one flange cut for just myself, or make a run of several and sell to the Cruiser community. I know that the only options for turbo manifolds for our 3B engines would be Toyota and the manifolds that come complete in a turbo kits (Turbo-Glide etc.). The other benefit of fabricating your own manifold, you can run any flanged turbo you desire without having to purchase a pricey adapter for your overpriced Toyota manifold. I myself am running a Garret t3 flange turbo from a Mercedes 300td.

I have not recived a set price quite yet, I'll be hearing from him early next week on pricing for one and four flanges. As of now one flange will be about $70 for myself, but you need to realize that most of the labor cutting one flange is running the program, from there prices drop fairly quick for every additional flange. These flanges will end up getting cut within the next two weeks, so if anyone has serious interest let me know. The design is based from a Toyota exhaust manifold gasket, cut into 1/2 inch mild steel.

Once the flanges are cut and received I would be dealing with payment and shipping myself. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. PayPal would be preferred.

Thanks
Spencer

I might have been able to save you the design time Spence-O. I have the CAD in Rhino. I blasted a few out, some stainless and some mild steel.

The H20 jet is so accurate it can even do the bolt holes. Perfect every time. Good luck on the manifold, I found it to be one of the most rewarding jobs on my truck.

Cam
Land Cruiser 033.jpg

Do you have the final picture of your manifold?
I have all the piping for a manifold as in the above picture, just need a flange. I have the 13bt manifold though already. If it ever bites the dust I will make one, I kind of just want to make one anyways!! When I have some spare time I think I will make one for a garret turbo to try it out.

Slowandsteady, are you using schedule 40 pipe, and what size? Where did you find the T's, nobody locally carries them.

Do you have the final picture of your manifold?
I have all the piping for a manifold as in the above picture, just need a flange. I have the 13bt manifold though already. If it ever bites the dust I will make one, I kind of just want to make one anyways!! When I have some spare time I think I will make one for a garret turbo to try it out.

I don't have a picture of the manifold, the flanges still need to be cut. My personal manifold will be identical to slowandsteady's, with a t3 flange mounted vertical.

I meant a pic of slow and steady's.
You can buy the pipe online, we have a local place though that sells it here for cheap.

Do you know the technical name for it?

Do you have the final picture of your manifold?.

Slowandsteady, are you using schedule 40 pipe, and what size? Where did you find the T's, nobody locally carries them.

I meant a pic of slow and steady's.
You can buy the pipe online, we have a local place though that sells it here for cheap.

The mild steel bits are:

Sched 40 tight radius elbows, 1.5"dia
Sched 40 Tee's 1.5"dia

Stainless stuff is the same but sched. 10

Stainless is kinda pointless but has the cool factor.

I got my first batch of pipe fittings from Vibrant Performance, later I found a place that sold the pieces for 1/4 the price. There isnt anything fancy about the T'ees and Elbows. They are pretty standard stuff in the world of pipe fitting.

Get your supplies here:

Unified Alloys: Pipe fittings, Stainless steel tubing, pipe, Parker fittings, flanges

As far as the flanges go Ebay is the cheapest I've found

Cam
Land Cruiser 060.jpg
Nick's manifold 002.jpg
Land Cruiser 058.jpg

looks great! Could you upload the CAD file for the 3B manifold please or PM me?

thanks

The mild steel bits are:

Sched 40 tight radius elbows, 1.5"dia
Sched 40 Tee's 1.5"dia

Stainless stuff is the same but sched. 10

Stainless is kinda pointless but has the cool factor.

I got my first batch of pipe fittings from Vibrant Performance, later I found a place that sold the pieces for 1/4 the price. There isnt anything fancy about the T'ees and Elbows. They are pretty standard stuff in the world of pipe fitting.

Get your supplies here:

Unified Alloys: Pipe fittings, Stainless steel tubing, pipe, Parker fittings, flanges

As far as the flanges go Ebay is the cheapest I've found

Cam

Hey slowandsteady,

I plagiarised your design and created something similar in CAD (Rhino3D).

I also drew a T25/GT20 flange for a GT2052 turbo. Hopefully this is of some use to someone else. I got the Schedule 40 CAD from here.

turboml.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom