Rising Sun Rally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on going up to the Rising Sun Rally on Saturday to try to unload a bunch of 60 parts.

Is anyone else heading up?

Should I "represent" for the club?

I'm planning on going up to the Rising Sun Rally on Saturday to try to unload a bunch of 60 parts.

Is anyone else heading up?

Should I "represent" for the club?

I'm thinking of going.

I was thinking about it but wife and I are gong backpacking in Uncompahgre N.F.

I can put up my "easy-up" & pass out cards if that helps the cause.

I found out about the club last year at this event when Mark J. was there doing the same.

Do we have a banner/sign & a stack of cards I can get my hands on?

Got the banner--thanks Trevor.

I would like to get my hands on a stack of cards if that is possible. Rui, are you coming? Got cards?

Got the banner--thanks Trevor.

I would like to get my hands on a stack of cards if that is possible. Rui, are you coming? Got cards?

I still plan on going...I have a small stack of cards,...have to find them. I believe the treasurer has all the cards.

2010 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday August 7th

Hopefully the largest Land Cruiser and Toyota truck gathering ever! FJ Cruisers, Land Cruisers, Minitrucks, 4Runners, Rock Crawlers, Full sized Toyota Trucks, etc.

Show & shine and swap meet.
Raffle Prizes.
Vendors on site:
Slee Off Road, GO Toyota, Rocky Mountain Cruisers, Tread Lightly, Stay the Trail, Redline and many more.

Hope to see everyone there! :)

10-3 at the Jeffco Stadium just South of 6th and Kipling.

RSrally2010.jpg

Printable Rally Flier

RSbanner728x90.jpg

RSbanner.jpg

Last edited:
We represented at the Rising Sun rally here is the proof....;)

4870418032_e5f95e9400_z.jpg

Really represented on the trip home....

Right where I-25/270/76 come together the fuel pump I put in three weeks ago died. Barely made it over to the side of the road and spent about an hour figuring out it was the pump (it couldn't possibly be the pump! I just replaced that!). By a wierd twist of fate I still had the old pump with me but I unloaded all my tools this morning to make room for all the crap I took to the rally. I had to dodge 8 lanes of traffic, climb two fences and walk about three miles to a Costco. Of course they wouldn't let me in the door without a membership ($50) and the only 12mm wrench they had was part of a 120 piece kit ($110 worth of crap tools). Then back over the two fences & 8 lanes of traffic to lay in the dirt to put an old part back on.

I blame Luke, I ran into him at the rally just before I left and I bet one of his gremlins jumped on board!

I blame Luke, I ran into him at the rally just before I left and I bet one of his gremlins jumped on board!

HA! I finally may have gotten rid of my gremlins! Enjoy them doc!

That's what you get for not having my number in your phone--We didn't stay long at the rally, made our way over to Dave and Buster's.......but I would have given up the games to bring you some tools. :cheers: Glad you got home and didn't get run over.

HA! I finally may have gotten rid of my gremlins! Enjoy them doc!

That's what you get for not having my number in your phone--We didn't stay long at the rally, made our way over to Dave and Buster's.......but I would have given up the games to bring you some tools. :cheers: Glad you got home and didn't get run over.

This brings us to an important point, we should get a list of numbers of members willing to help others out. Next meeting lets try to get one going...then people can keep them in the glove box or something...I regret not giving you my number I was in Denver until about 5 pm....:whoops:

I did see a couple of rigs from the rally (and a cop and two tow trucks) just blow on by--got kinda irritating...

I have CLC in front of all the club members in my phone. That way everyone is grouped together. Just a thought. I have a lot of club member numbers........oh yeah........I might have yours too........Prank calls baby, prank calls is all I'm gonna say...........

I finally got access to the private section of this forums :p.
I'm going to send out a new thread so folks can send me a message and give me their info. I will put some categories of what they would be willing to do...winch, wrench, mechanical advice, highway rescue...and such...this gives folks a better idea of whom to call if they need specific help...

I got the idea from the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, I get a book every year of everyone in America, so when I ride and break down, I can see whom I can call (from having coffee to need a trailer to haul my bike out).

So we can get a fresh list in the private section and be printed later on for folks to have handy...what do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom