Trail Ride - Metberry Gulth 4/19/08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
We have this trip scheduled for 4/18/08, so I am making the assumption that this should be 4/19, cause the 18th is a Friday.

Meet at the Western Gas Station in Woodland Park on HWY 24 at 8:30 AM, leave promptly by 9am.

If anyone has any information about snow pack please post up. Trail is suitable for stock vehicles if there is no snow present.

Use CB Channel #4.

I am scheduled to be the trip leader for this trial ride. I may have to back out of this. This is about 4 weeks from our Due Date, and Christy doesn't seem real keen to let me leave cell phone service.

Is there anyone else that is willing to be trail leader for this trip???

Here are some links to some previous trail rides

Metberry Gultch
https://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorad...rip-planning-metberry-gulch-sat-nov-17th.html

I'd love to go. I'm completely stock for a bit. Any criteria/requirements for the ride that I need to equip myself for? I've got the walmart special cb radios... anything else I'm required to have in order to tag-along with? If stock is ok, I'm game.

Make sure your Truck conforms to our safety Check list, and you should be good to go! this trail is perfect for stock rigs!

Colorado Land Cruisers

I am trying to get some stuff done so i can take the rig and test everything out before moab, but i am a Maybe at Best at this point!

Ok Thanks. I think I'm good. I'll have to search for my fire extinguisher but that's it for both required and optional... (got a jack just not a hi lift jack yet).

Justin brought his stock FJ60 on this trail last fall, and I took my stock 4runner (235 street tires) and had not issue on this trail.

In fact, if I do somehow make it I will be in my stock 4 runner again.

We have been loosing snow steadily in the Divide area. The forcast has some chances of snow but nothing more than an inch or two.

I still need to work on the trailer before Moab but I plan on making the Metberry trip on the 19th.

Hi guys
This event came up at the RS meeting the other night and several of us are planning to come down but might prefer to meet in your group in Westcreek or at the trailhead rather than go all the way South to Woodland Park and backtrack... suggestions/preferences on a meeting spot?

I'll post up in our forum if you want to discuss it there

:cheers:

Id think it would be fine to meet at the trail head there is a large turn around/parking lot off of the main road that we stoped at last year..

FYI, Google Maps Said that it is quicker to go thru the springs.. Not that they are the athourity or anything, but the back way from denver is slow and curvy the whole way, VS I-25 and HWY 24 that you can make good time on

Hey I am planning on making this trip. It looks like I will have two other rigs coming with me a mini and another 60. Do we know about how many yet?

I'm going to try to make it - depends how much I get done on the house this weekend.

Not sure who may end up coming down from the RS group. We have one last truck prep weekend b4 Moab and a couple guys with big projects need help.

I hope to get down there this summer, it would be great if we can do a joint club run :cheers:

We have been loosing snow steadily in the Divide area. The forcast has some chances of snow but nothing more than an inch or two.

I still need to work on the trailer before Moab but I plan on making the Metberry trip on the 19th.

How much snow did you guys get out of this latest weather?
I plan on making this run.

See you guys at the trail head between 9:30am and 10:00am, Sat 4/19. :grinpimp:

Just to confirm - the CLC group is meeting at the Western between 8:30 & 9:00 right?

Divide received about 5". Its supposed to start a warm up trend (Friday high of 56) so Saturday (high of 61) I would expect much it, if not all, to be melted.

Divide received about 5". Its supposed to start a warm up trend (Friday high of 56) so Saturday (high of 61) I would expect much it, if not all, to be melted.

Could get kind of messy up there in the burned off areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom