Up for some exploration this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtntoy.com
Anyone interested in doing some exploration around Rampart Range this weekend? There's a couple of trails in the Rainbow Falls area that I'm looking to explore on Sunday (although I could be talked into Saturday). Just thought the weather will be nicer on Sunday.

None of the trails are that difficult (though they might be more challenging than normal because of the recent weather). One of the trails does have a couple of 18-24" rock ledges (with a by-pass).

I'm open to meeting places depending on where everyone comes from (I'm on the way south end of town). I was thinking either the Western by Woodland Park or at the intersection of Rampart Range Rd. and Mount Herman Rd. Oh yeah, I was planning on something like 9:00 a.m. for a meeting time.

So anyone interested? There's a slight possibility that we might see some of that white stuff.

Man Jerk said:
I might be up for it on Saturday. If it's too cold I may opt out as my heater is on the fritz.
Baby :D
i dont even have a top!

i need to put that sucker on soon :idea:

ill think it over.. i was thinking somthing a little more challenging..

isotel said:
ill think it over.. i was thinking somthing a little more challenging..

I know a trail that I'd love to see someone attempt. The last time that I was on it, I'd swear that I was about a half a degree from flopping my truck (and that was in the snow). It is a designated trail and it probably much worse than the last time that I saw it.

I'd be interested... have to do a Mother-May-I, though.

If so, Mt Herman & Rampart Range would work great for me (I'm basically in Monument).

Sorry, guys, I'm out.... :( I just remembered I don't have a spare right now... and I have family committments in the afternoon.

Next time...

hmm.. whats the easiest way to get to the trail.. Ive only been in the Woodland Park side..

looks like i gota either put on the Hardtop of Bundle up!

Plan a time to meet and a place.. Me and my roomate will try and make it!

Sorry, guys, I'm out.... :( I just remembered I don't have a spare right now... and I have family committments in the afternoon.

Next time...

Gee, I've got 3 6 lug rims with bald tires sitting in the garage right now. Work good as spares :D

I'm in for Sunday for sure. I live right off of 24 next to Manitou if anyone wants to meet here. Otherwise any other place is fine by me.

you guys goin to the southside of rampart?

is this anywhere near the Dakar trail?

im not sure about that trail.. i dont know rampart at all!!..

Whats the trail like Jim??
Wanta go..

Yea we should meet at marks.. Time?? Sunday

yea, what time?
my mornings are taken on sunday.i may be able to make it late in the morning
the afternoon works best for me

why yes, yes i do want to go :D

im not sure about that trail.. i dont know rampart at all!!..

Whats the trail like Jim??
Wanta go..

Yea we should meet at marks.. Time?? Sunday
The normal meeting place the club uses for trips heading up this way is the Western Gas Station just before Woodland Park.

If we want to meet at Mark's, I will need an address or directions since I have no idea where he lives. :doh:

Dakan Road really isn't that interesting (at least the last time that I was on it). It is maintained by a motorcycle organization. What is more interesting is the Hidden Valley Road that connects to Dakan. Although, Dakan Road does have an overlook with a spectacular view of the Larkspur area. Dakan Road is a way to get from Rampart Range Rd. to Castle Rock, and travel on Dakan is not permitted after dark.

What time are you busy until Jim? I'm sure we could coordinate some kind of rendevous to hook up with you. I'm cool with some easy wheeling, but some hard obstacles thrown in would be fun!

What is your guys preferred type of communication? CB or FRS? My CB isn't hooked up, but I have a couple of FRS radios at my disposal.

The normal meeting place the club uses for trips heading up this way is the Western Gas Station just before Woodland Park.

If we want to meet at Mark's, I will need an address or directions since I have no idea where he lives. :doh:

Dakan Road really isn't that interesting (at least the last time that I was on it). It is maintained by a motorcycle organization. What is more interesting is the Hidden Valley Road that connects to Dakan. Although, Dakan Road does have an overlook with a spectacular view of the Larkspur area. Dakan Road is a way to get from Rampart Range Rd. to Castle Rock, and travel on Dakan is not permitted after dark.

oops, we did a night run up there this summer.
why can't you run Dakan at night? you can camp up there.

i'll see whats up, i probably could'nt get that way till 1pm or so.
i should probably work and get some things done (i'm a bit behind right now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom