Carvacre fun 1/2/11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was on a mission to go run Jacumba, but as it came closer we ended up having to do something closer to home due to time restraints. I decided to do the Carvacre trail. I was wondering how it might be after all the rains, seeing as it is already quite rutted out. It looks as if a few rocks had fallen into the trail, from all the rain loosening things up. All said and done it wasn't much different.

The first time I ran it, I was in the FJ Cruiser, so this trip was a little less tippy. I also went up Pancake rock this time, last time I chickened out. When we got to the rock there were several Jeep peeps staring down and considering what I am driving I had no excuse.

I think they were scoffing more at the Tacoma, which did very well. I am really impressed with my friend Jason. He has the cojones and it' s a pretty well set up Taco to boot. He was the guy that got me into 4x4 Toyota adventures, it all started with my first ride shot gun up Coyote canyon.

I found the limits of my front and rear suspension travel both up and down. I had the front wheels so stuffed they were making some pretty awful rubbing noises. The rear was completely stuffed as well. After I came home and inspected where I was polishing metal with the tires we cut some metal and I am not done. I plan to remove more from the rear and need to trim the pinch welds up front as well.

Unfortunately I was too excited to get out and take pics when it got hairy, but I did get some of the Tacoma..:cheers:

394376072.jpg

394376067.jpg

394376064.jpg

394376063.jpg

This was one of the more interesting sections. I had my front driver tire pinned behind the rock in the front right side of the frame and the rear completely twisted in that mogul behind, I think I came close to breaking my axle up front.

394376070.jpg

394376068.jpg

394376066.jpg

Even with my solid axles I had my rear about 2ft in the air. If you want to flex out your suspension this is the trail. Im so pissed I didn't take pics of the truck in action:bang:. I will say though that I really like wheeling this p/u. It needs a locker, sliders, seals done on the front, and some more metal trimmed, but it does go pretty good as it stands. Sorry for the long post, I was pretty excited..:bounce:

P.S. On the way back down, feeling pretty burly we saw a full size 1980's Chevy Suburban making it's way up the trail. I was thoroughly impressed.

Nice picts, so you ready to lead the Beach N Toys group on a run here?

Carl

absolutely

Sure I would be honored! :D

Carveacre looks tore up. :p

I really need to get back out there. I am a little disappointed though, you should have took the 100.

sheesh!

Thats what another mudder said Eric. I don't know man. Yikes! Im probably underestimating my cruiser but man I am tellin' ya it was twisty and tippy. The lines you take really depend on your vehicles dimensions.. Some parts I had a much easier time with, and some sections Jason did better on due to wheelbase n' such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom