1988 BJ74 13BT turbo diesel landcruiser LOW MILES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just (legally) imported this 1988 BJ74 Land Cruiser here. RHD/ Automatic. BIG PTO winch in the front bumper. I just turned it over 160K KM (Only 100K miles) on the drive home, and it runs/ drives/shifts and stops like a low-mileage truck. I have not washed it for the pictures here, but may post new pictures soon. I can take more pictures of any other area you would like to see.

Body/frame/interior/wheels/suspension all original and looking great. Perfectly straight, no rust, no accident damage. Paint is original there is no rust whatsoever, other than surface small 'stains' in the paint around any tiny paint chips or small scratches, which will wipe off with some steel wool, or even a rubbing with a rag and cleaner. There is no rust going down into the metal, or anything that could be considered serious.

13BT direct-injected turbo 3.4L diesel engine starts right up without having to wait for the glowplugs. 4-speed automatic transmission shifts as it should. Interior looks great, a 9 out of 10. You can hop in this and drive anywhere, right now. Power windows, power mirrors, AC all work. Removable FRP fiberglass top looks great, headliner is perfect. Go convertible this summer with this one.

The only problems with the truck are very minor; drivers side power window, when taken all the way to the top, makes ratcheting noise- regulator has a chipped tooth at the very top, does not affect function. Paint is a bit faded here and there, but will still clean up and shine nice. Paint is about a 7 out of 10, the biggest detractor from perfection for this truck.

I returned about 25MPG yesterday on the freeway going almost 80MPH for five hours.

Original cassette deck/ radio work great. Seats look terrific.

I'm looking for $15K or something close, I think it would pull that easily on ebay, but would rather not bother.

Give me a call (503-505-7113) or message at zombiemotors@earthlink.net to discuss or arrange time to view/drive. Again, $15,000ono and the truck/ I am in Portland, OR

DSC09917.jpg

DSC09920.jpg

DSC09916.jpg

I have the paperwork for title still, some folks want to title it in their state first. This is my day job however, and guarantee a clear title and registration in all 50 states, and yes it will say 'diesel' as it was not converted from gasoline. It just made it to NHTSA exempt last month, so is legal in all states. I have a sale gelling now, but no deposit yet. I can and will post pictures of the frame, but it is perfect!

It just made it to NHTSA exempt last month, so is legal in all states.

You'd better read up on the CA BAR. Their regs are above and beyond DOT and only allow importation on vehicles that were originally imported into North America.

If it comes from another US state, BAR is not involved unless fuel type needs to be determined, so if it says "diesel" on the title from another US state or Canada, it can be easily registered in CA.

Yes, and it was originally imported into N. America, diesel is original fuel (this is its original engine) and the pending Oregon title will indicate it is a diesel, making it legal in all 50 states. Thank you for the information -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom