Dec 30 run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
Joining eight trucks up in Wickenburg at 8:45 at the McDonalds.

Going to check out some of the old mines and equipment in the area.

standard trail running , nothing drastic

I'm up for that...

We were supposed to be camping with my BIL out by Florence, but his version of camping is getting onto dirt with his RV and trailer with quads; long way to go to camp in the middle of nothing when it's cold out.

Therefore, I'd look forward to a run on Sun30 and am working on getting the wife on board. We'll see.

Stay tuned for Dec 30 run in another thread to be posted later today/tonight that is usually decided during lunch or air up.

Joining eight trucks up in Wickenburg at 8:45 at the McDonalds.

I might be in for this ride. Trying to swing two rides in one weekend.

I know who you are going with. Say hi to the gang for me as I probably won't make this one. Wish Marcel good luck that he doesn't have any more issues with his rig. Hope they lead you to more/better places than just north on Constellation Mine Road. I led a run up there a few years ago that started up the Hassayampa river bed, wandered over to the Constellation area, then back to Lake Pleasant vie Buckhorn road. Great scenery, fun to wnader thru the mines. Got run into by a dirt bike on Buckhorn. Broke his leg, chipped the paint on the bumper of my FJ55. Had to evacuate him and his bike in our rigs as there is NO phone service up there. Have fun. John

I know who you are going with. Say hi to the gang for me as I probably won't make this one. Have fun. John

I will!

I have a good friend in from out of town, wanted to go wheeling with him on Sunday, and didnt see a CSC run planned. These guys go wheeling almost every weekend and are nice enough to include me (and anyone else I invite too) so I jumped at the chance. One of the guys in the group is with Maricopa Search and rescue and know the area very well so should be no backtracking.

Rumor has it there will be a 60 series there with a 6.0 injected Chevy motor and an Atlas 4 speed :eek:. Cant wait to check it out. Ill be driving my 60 as well to keep it company ;)

Longduck and Otter - hope to see you guys there and wheeling with you guys again! Plan for 1.25-1.5 hours to get to the Mcdonalds from Phx.

Murf

I'll be there. Thanks for the invitation, and looking forward to it.

Otter, not sure which way you're headed out in the morning, but i'll be going out Carefree Highway and monitoring CB4 and FRS7. Call out when you get on Carefree Hwy.

Last edited:
I'm out for the Sunday trip. After wheeling all day today, slim chance of going out tomorrow. Not going to push my luck.

Looking forward to the next trip.

I will!

I have a good friend in from out of town, wanted to go wheeling with him on Sunday, and didnt see a CSC run planned. These guys go wheeling almost every weekend and are nice enough to include me (and anyone else I invite too) so I jumped at the chance. One of the guys in the group is with Maricopa Search and rescue and know the area very well so should be no backtracking.

Rumor has it there will be a 60 series there with a 6.0 injected Chevy motor and an Atlas 4 speed :eek:. Cant wait to check it out. Ill be driving my 60 as well to keep it company ;)

Longduck and Otter - hope to see you guys there and wheeling with you guys again! Plan for 1.25-1.5 hours to get to the Mcdonalds from Phx.

Murf
Hope you memorize the route so you can lead us back up there, as long as it is not just the Constellation Mine Road. Already been up that one a bunch. John

better late than never!

I was able to coax some pictures out of the camera. We did indeed start up Constellation mine raod and visited some mines and structures. We then checked out several of the roads down in some washes then took a long lunch. my friend Dan was out visiting from PA so I took him out. We grew up together in the AZ desert so it was a nice recharge for him.

After lunch we followed an interesting shelf road that was challenging in spots all the way out.

Good day!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

It was a chilly day and it on one particular stop the wife of one of the guys there said "Its cold enough to be snowing", Sure enough, not 5 minutes later it started to snow the little styrofoam looking balls that fill the air but dont stick on the ground. The socond picture tries to show the snow coming down and hazing out the distant mountains.

Longduck was there to break out some first aid for my friend who cut his finger on some shale. Sharp stuff! Must of lost his rock handling skills living back in the east (haha)

Gotta love a working heater!

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Looks like a good time Murf! Did ya get a track for the day from a GPS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom