Exhaust for the hundy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I see that Mesa Muffler and Mad Hatter have been recommended in the past.

I'd like to replace the stock muffler on our '98 with a Magnaflow and get rid of the resonator.

Would these shops still get the CSC seal of approval? Anywhere else? As far as location - I rent in Ahwatukee, work in south Tempe and will be moving to Gilbert at the end of the month.

Thanks!

Michael went to Mesa Muffler, that rusted out by itself within a year without much driving :whoops:

next time, he went to Scottsdale Muffler: guy built him a custom design - I went there the next day and three hours later for $160 had a whole new system including muffler, from the header back :D

I'm looking for a new exhaust setup now for my '91. So I'm in the process of looking for a good shop too.

Mesa Muffler was quick and convenient.

They explicitly told me where the leaks at the headers were, and that they didn't want any part of that. I thought that was strange, standing there with plastic in hand, and a trip to Moab coming up.

When it was time to redo the entire front exhaust system (new manifolds and custom Y-pipe) some 4 months later, the muffler that was installed at Mesa Muffler was toast. Scottsdale Muffler did a great job...

But that's all Chevy stuff, where exhausts are disposable items, and you just pick up the Summit catalogue to make 30 more hp - I'm inclined to believe things might be different in the Toyota world...

Thanks for the input. Will do a bit more homework and maybe check out Scottsdale Muffler.

And yet another question: Any recommended OME dealers in the area who also install? I am thinking about a medium suspension for 100 one of these days.

yellowstoner said:
Thanks for the input. Will do a bit more homework and maybe check out Scottsdale Muffler.

And yet another question: Any recommended OME dealers in the area who also install? I am thinking about a medium suspension for 100 one of these days.

Murf over at Camelback Toyota can get OME stuff from Slee I think. Check with him. Or when you're in Gilbert, I'll give you a hand on a DIY. 100 lifts aren't that hard to do.

Typos sent from my HTC EVO using the IH8MUD app...

Murf over at Camelback Toyota can get OME stuff from Slee I think. Check with him. Or when you're in Gilbert, I'll give you a hand on a DIY. 100 lifts aren't that hard to do.

We have accounts set up with both Slee and Manafre here at Camelback. Weve done a handful of 100 lifts over the past year. I'd be happy to shoot you a qoute if youre interested.

Murf

You may want to talk with other 100 owners. Depending on the intended use, some prefer simply adjusting the torsion bars and spacers in the rear, with shocks of your preference. If you are not carrying a bunch of extra weight, the aftermarket bars tend to be stiff. The stock stuff retains closer to stock ride and flex better, especially in the front.

You may want to talk with other 100 owners. Depending on the intended use, some prefer simply adjusting the torsion bars and spacers in the rear, with shocks of your preference. If you are not carrying a bunch of extra weight, the aftermarket bars tend to be stiff. The stock stuff retains closer to stock ride and flex better, especially in the front.
^^^ This. I removed the OME setup and went back to stock + spacers (and airbags) in back and stock torsion bars up front. Still clears 295's, and doesn't beat the kidneys...

I'd take any "kidney beating" in a 100 anytime :rolleyes:

HTFU :flipoff2:

DSRTRDR said:
I'd take any "kidney beating" in a 100 anytime :rolleyes:

HTFU :flipoff2:

:lol: :lol: how 'bout I just get a snorkel instead?

edit: -> besides, I rode with add-a-leafs in my FJ60 for way too long before going to real lift springs. The ride in the 100 was eerily similar. That said, I may have other issues going on, new rear control arms are in the plans as I think my bushings are toast.

Last edited:
Good input. Thanks for offers and suggestions. Hope to get going on this soon.

Dave

Another vote for Murf. He did a great job on my 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom