Paint Job Price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I've decided finally that I'm going to refresh the 80. The typical clear coat failure and subsequent damage has finally started to bug me. What is the ballpark price for painting a rig the same color if I were to remove all the stuff that needed removing first.

I know crap about painting cars.

A grand, minimum.

Thanks, I'll start selling blood now.

Paint jobs are $$$$, unless you want a really good job, then they are $$$$$.:hillbilly:

+1

I spent 5k a few years back on single stage white and some minimal body work from a private (low overhead) guy.

1/3 of the cost is materials (paint and related chemicals). You can thank the EPA for crappy factory paint and expensive custom work.:idea:

Last edited:
:confused: I thought you were gonna sell the 80 ? - must have missed something :meh:

:confused: I thought you were gonna sell the 80 ? - must have missed something :meh:

Have been thinking about it off and on for a year or two. Decided it does what I need it to do and the bonus is it is paid for. Since I am keeping it, I want to address a couple of things, like the failing paint. I may just find a way to do a 10 ft paint job myself.

... I may just find a way to do a 10 ft paint job myself.

You can, may even turn out nice. To do it half right, it is a metric s***load of work and materials are not cheap.

There are some things to consider....

Single stage or base & clear?
Body work?
Prep time?
Material could be $600 alone!
Even Earl schleib would charge you $1500 for single stage
Also, get a minimum three year warranty if you go two stage

Will the vehicle be garaged after?

A few years back my pops had his 86 toyo pickup painted at earl sheib for a special of <$400. Looked really good and the paint is still good. I dont know where everyone comes with these huge $$$$ for a paint job. Maybe a custom super show quality job, but lets face it, these are offroad vehicles....

Cheers

A few years back my pops had his 86 toyo pickup painted at earl sheib for a special of <$400. Looked really good and the paint is still good. I dont know where everyone comes with these huge $$$$ for a paint job. Maybe a custom super show quality job, but lets face it, these are offroad vehicles....

Cheers

The paint and materials are garbage, the prep is almost nonexistent. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for any length of time, you'll be in worse shape down the road than if you'd just left it alone. There is no getting around the fact that you get what you pay for. Good quality -not best- materials will be between $6-800 for an 80, unless they've come down drastically since I was painting cars.

The paint and materials are garbage, the prep is almost nonexistent. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for any length of time, you'll be in worse shape down the road than if you'd just left it alone. There is no getting around the fact that you get what you pay for. Good quality -not best- materials will be between $6-800 for an 80, unless they've come down drastically since I was painting cars.

Speak on it brotha!:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom