Family wheeling at Government Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Sorry for the late notice. A few of the land cruisers in my neighborhood decided to
take a look at the petroglyphs in Government Springs, and possibly exit out the Devils Canyon route that the club took in on New Years day this year.

As we will likely leave from Scottsdale with our families in tow by 0830 this should put us at the Pinto Valley road by 10AM. If anyone else is interested shoot me a pm. We are hoping to be back on the US60 by about 530 PM. Since most of our kids are off on Monday this seems like a opportune time to get back out and see some sites

Last edited:
We are in but I think you are kidding yourself if you think we will be back by 5:30 from what I have been told by others.

Are you taking the 80 or the 100?
Where is Burro Creek?
Are you providing lunch or snacks?

Attachments

• DrippingSprings1-16-11.kml
    11.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Pinto valley rd. Is the entrance off of US 60. Burro creek was a brain infarction for another date.

Glad to have you aboard, as always are each bringing our own and will stop somewhere for dinner on the way back. We should have M&M (Murf and Medtro) families joining as well. If the stop at the petroglyphs takes us more time then we may choose a different exit. It should be fun no matter what.

See you at my place by 830.

Ill drag the wife and kids out of bed and see you then!

Were looking forward to it. I think the kids will again outnumber the adults.

Good times~

Thanks Steve for putting this together and showing us a small part of the history of the area.
My family looks forward to the next time.
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG

:cool:

THe group returning from the petroglyphs, Phil coming down the snowy peak, Line up at the crossroads (We saw alot of good potential barns for pickin' some old stuff on the way out :hillbilly:)

15 people fit in a resturant that holds 35 and enjoyed a great dinner and company at the end of the day.
bc.jpg
bb.jpg
ba.jpg

It was a very fun day. I think I may be on the hook to pay for some auto detailing once we got through the wash and out of the brush. Phil and his family picked a great restaurant to end our long day.
Dripping Springs 2011 013.jpg
Sep 24 20060647.jpg

It seems that some old cowboy put his mark in with all the others, still very interesing every time I have been there.

Awesome pics! Really wish I could've made it out there w/ the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom