Crown King trip report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to Crown King [thru Bumble Bee] yesterday. Beautiful drive right now, as you get further up the mountain you get into snow and a lot of mud/water. Crown King itself looks like a winter wonderland.

Here is a quick video, I was solo and trying to record with my phone while driving. Please excuse the shaky footage, just a quick edit I threw together so you could see it and hopefully inspire a few of you to get up there.

About 3 feet of snow.

Saw tons of [heavily modded] Jeeps, no LCs though.

Saw a Tacoma get stuck, I was going to pull him out but a Jeep with a winch came along.

Crown King Snow Test Video

Some phone pictures to follow.

Last edited:
I was out there too that day. I was in a Drab Green runner with 4 stockers (trucks) :frown:.

We went up there on New Years Eve in the new Tacoma. You are right about it looks like a winter wonderland up there. I did part next to a nice FJ40 while in town.

Was he trying to put on chains, maybe ones that didn't fit cause they were for a not so balloony set of 35"s on a different truck? Heres some pics from a lunch trip on new years eve. Helped get a passport unstuck up past the bridge crossing, and broke trail up the road a bit. The chain fiasco caused us not to come down through minihaha like we had originally planned. Glad everyone enjoys that place when it snows as much as I do.

Last edited:
Was he trying to put on chains, maybe ones that didn't fit cause they were for a not so balloony set of 35"s on a different truck? Heres some pics from a lunch trip on new years eve. Helped get a passport unstuck up past the bridge crossing, and broke trail up the road a bit. The chain fiasco caused us not to come down through minihaha like we had originally planned. Glad everyone enjoys that place when it snows as much as I do.

I think you are the FJ40 we parked beside on New Years Eve.

I figured you liked yotas with the way you were looking at her, plus the taco you were in, we would have chatted, but we wanted to get further up the road before it turned into a one lane zoo with more honda passports on street tires in the ditch blocking the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom