snow days are fun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We took the puppy dogs for a ride in search of white stuff .

Payson
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Poser shot with cool sky
IMG_0130.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

You went there on purpose?:steer:

Crazy. I just drove through Payson yesterday at about 12:00, and it was raining and no snow.

It was an interesting drive, left Pinetop at about 10:00 am yesterday when it was starting to snow (couldn't stay to enjoy it :(). It was either raining or snowing my entire drive from Pinetop, through Payson, to Scottsdale, and finally ending in Tucson. It was awesome to be able to experience the full scope of the storm system that hit the state in one trip.

Yep
It was really fun too
The doggies loved it .

Hit 4 peaks looking for snow late this afternoon. Found it on the ground. Got great pics of the storm leaving. Treated it like Baja 500 leaving in the :princess: FJ Cruiser! OME suspension was like heaven! Caught air and more!

How did the Generals do in the snow?

Claudia, it was me leaving Baja in the yellow FJ Cruiser throwing out the peace sign!!! headed to 4 peaks for sunset and snow. I should have taken the 40 but I was in a hurry to catch some snow. It was Maui less tha 18 hrs earlier!

aha :cheers:

40 did good today :steer: - love my heater :D

Looks like a fun time ~

I'm curious like Ivanst ... how do you like those new Generals so far over the previous tires>?

Don told me he was heading up there and I told him how I tend to avoid the flurry white stuff after shoveling it for 38 years before my Valley discovery. I had to go to a funeral in Minnesota last December and had snowed piled up over 7 feet tall at intersections. Even if there was no stop sign people were stopping because they could not see if anything was coming.

How did the Generals do in the snow?

Looks like a fun time ~

I'm curious like Ivanst ... how do you like those new Generals so far over the previous tires>?

Don told me he was heading up there and I told him how I tend to avoid the flurry white stuff after shoveling it for 38 years before my Valley discovery. I had to go to a funeral in Minnesota last December and had snowed piled up over 7 feet tall at intersections. Even if there was no stop sign people were stopping because they could not see if anything was coming.

The Generals kick butt on heavily slushy roads. I intentionally drove through the worst possible line on the road to see how they handled it and it just amazed me on what an issue it was not.
In Payson I went into the Home depot parking lot with 8+ inches and it was almost like there was no snow. I have had nitto's Hankook muds, BFG km2's and the Dick Stupidpecs and none of them felt this sure footed. I think it had to do with how they clean out.
This was wet heavy snow, so I will be curious to try them in the powdery stuff
So far, they get a really big thumbs up
It's too b ad the roads beyond Payson were closed, I was hoping to get into some thick stuff .

Here is a link to all of my snow pics. It's really hard to decide on which ones to post. The sky backdrop, in some of them, are just amazing
chasin snow 122910 pictures by puulboy - Photobucket

I'm liking the fish eye pics of the dirt road/clouds/your rig. It turned out great with the weather backdrop.

Yeah I took a bunch of those pics. The back drop kept changing and it was amazing just standing there watching it change.
If yo look through the link with all the pics, you will see many different views of it.

Nice Pictures from Tucson (Mt. Lemmon)

We got snow on Mount Lemmon last night....

Cabin_009_sm.JPG

Cabin_012_sm.JPG

Cabin_016_sm.JPG

Hope everyone has a great 2010!

Chuck
Cabin_009_sm.JPG
Cabin_012_sm.JPG
Cabin_016_sm.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom