Sears Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
In shopping to replace the cut tire, Sears quoted by far the best price, ~$70 per less.:cool: The salesman I dealt with, Jerry, is the commercial salesman for the Fiesta Mall store, in passing CSC came up. He said Sears would like to have our biz and setup an account for us. Couldn't give a set discount, differing tires have different margins, etc, but would like the opportunity earn/quote for our biz.

My buying experience was positive. They mounted the tires how I wanted them, had no problem that the rig has spacers and mounted 37x12.5 on 7.5" rims, zero issue.

The account is setup, simply mention that you have a commercial account in the name of Copper State Cruisers at the tire/service counter. I didn't check out what brands they carry, etc, but is another possibility for tire shopping.

Last edited:
oh nice...i'm in the market for some 37x12.50x17 goodyear mtrs or bfg km2s...this is gonna help!

thanks!

dan

Kevin, how do you like the STT's? I have a set, but i'm biased since I'm the only person I know with a set. Is it just me or do they beat out every mud Terrain out there? I have run BFG's, Goodyears, and some generics, but these by far seem to do the best on the trail and on the highway. 8k miles and aside from the rock chunks you wouldn't know they were used more than 1k. I'm running the 35's.

If anyone knows, please hurt me and tell me what your club price is for a set of 315s STTs.

If anyone knows, please hurt me and tell me what your club price is for a set of 315s STTs.

Didn't check on little tires;p, but 37" were ~$280 ea.

Kevin, how do you like the STT's? I have a set, but i'm biased since I'm the only person I know with a set. Is it just me or do they beat out every mud Terrain out there? I have run BFG's, Goodyears, and some generics, but these by far seem to do the best on the trail and on the highway. 8k miles and aside from the rock chunks you wouldn't know they were used more than 1k. I'm running the 35's.

I'm :meh: on them. They work well, are well behaved, have taken a beating and held air, etc. The down side is they chunk more than average, I have knocked lots of lugs off. I rate them as good but short of great tires. If I were buying 4 would have gone with Nitto Terra Grappler. Rumor has it that the new Trail Grappler is to be released in 37x12.5X17 about the end of the year, that will tempt me to change. :hillbilly:

if anyone is interested and looking for tires i have nothing but good things to say about the 37" parnelli jones tires i run.

The CSC commercial account is probably only good at that particular Sears location. Right?

The CSC commercial account is probably only good at that particular Sears location. Right?

Nope, I believe all Sears stores, if not I will go beat them 'till it is!:hillbilly:

I'll check to Flagstaff store.

I'm :meh: on them. They work well, are well behaved, have taken a beating and held air, etc. The down side is they chunk more than average, I have knocked lots of lugs off. I rate them as good but short of great tires. If I were buying 4 would have gone with Nitto Terra Grappler. Rumor has it that the new Trail Grappler is to be released in 37x12.5X17 about the end of the year, that will tempt me to change. :hillbilly:

I think I spoke too soon, cause I just wasted one crawling this weekend. Torn sidewall ended my night of cruiser abuse, sidewall is thick though and it was definitely driver error. Still a good all around mud terrain, not too soft comparably and wears well if you use them on the road.

I called the PV Mall Sears, the person who answered the phone said it is good for all Sears. However, he couldn't find Copper State Cruisers from his computer, and wanted a phone number linked to it. He told me the commercial account price for the tires I want is about $5 less than the regular price.

Stopped by and chatted with Jerry this morning, they saved some valve cores & caps for trail spares. Mentioned there was an issue finding the account, do we need a phone# or account#? He said no, the first thing asked for in the commercial account screen is name. Typed in "Copper State" and our account was the first one on the list, couldn't understand why they couldn't find it? Also confirmed that it is good nationwide wide.

In my line of work, we call it PBCAK – Problem Between Chair And Keyboard.

:lol:, likely the luck of the draw, sometimes you get someone who cares about doing a good job, other times not.