Wheeling 03-10-10 Table Mesa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
I have a free day Wednesday March 10th and want to go wheelin'! :steer:

I saw Mountain Cruiser at the shop and he suggested we go to Table Mesa which is I-17 north, exit #236.

THere should be good water in the river to play around in, some options to play on, and stopping to cook up some lunch. Wanna get out while the weather is just about perfect! Play hookie if you need to get out too ~

Open to suggestions, places, times.

I have a free day Wednesday March 10th and want to go wheelin'! :steer:

I saw Mountain Cruiser at the shop and he suggested we go to Table Mesa which is I-17 north, exit #236.

THere should be good water in the river to play around in, some options to play on, and stopping to cook up some lunch. Wanna get out while the weather is just about perfect! Play hookie if you need to get out too ~

Open to suggestions, places, times.

If the weather keeps up crossing the river could prove to be interesting along with several other wash crossings along the way.

Is your plan to come out at Seven Springs?

If the weather keeps up crossing the river could prove to be interesting along with several other wash crossings along the way.

Is your plan to come out at Seven Springs?

Seven springs exit would be a nice run for the day, but like you say it depends on how much water is running. I havent been that way in many years but could figure it out - that is unless you come along :D to show the way.

Seven springs exit would be a nice run for the day, but like you say it depends on how much water is running. I havent been that way in many years but could figure it out - that is unless you come along :D to show the way.

Last time I did the complete run was in Oct '08. To early for me to commit but I'd like to go.

If we travel East on Table Mesa and head to Seven Springs we could then even go on to Sheep's Bridge, and exit south of Bartlett lake! I haven't done this loop in 2 yrs. but I have been out there pre bulldozer days and it will be completely doable unless its pouring and the washes are in flood stage. It is a full day of wheeling with tons of scenery and nice elevation changes. Not the most challenging, but I think if the roads are washed out in the 100 yr washes it will be decently technical in some spots. I have been doing this route for the last 8 years I have lived up here and could probably do it in my sleep, so no worries on finding our way.
I am game for wherever, just will be nice to get out on the trail with some other Toyota nuts. Count me in for sure.

Tony

Last edited:
Crossing at Sheeps Bridge and below Horseshoe is out of the question now. Yesterday flow at Sheeps was double normal before the rain. Crossing below Horseshoe is very scary/questionable at 400CFS right now flow is at 2000CFS.:eek:

Thats right, I forgot they have the flood gates below all the lakes open regularly right now especially with all this rain and the snow melt. Would be neat to see the washout at the bridge if we do table mesa and have extra time.

Howdy! I'm off that day too. I just might have to make this run. I can't confirm until after the weekend. John

the verde is really flowing, there is no crossing it right now. tried as i might the fishing was not good either. table mesa is not a problem, will be a good run.

meeting time and place

We will be meeting at 8:30am at the 4 sons at the N.E. corner of Carefree highway and the I-17.

Looks as if I may be able to take the day off and join the fun. I'm scheduling meetings around this as I web-wheel...

I'd like to go maybe I can take the day off

Starting to look like a decent size group forming :clap:

It wont be any nicer out in the desert than this time of year. Weve got lotsa river water, cool temps, and virtually a traffic free desert being a weekday. :steer: A formula for a great day.

it was freshly graded,,, unless they just graded it again, no washouts just plenty of chunked up muddy spots that will be dry by wed. unless it rains again.

and the hot tub at the bridge is gone again.

it was freshly graded,,, unless they just graded it again, no washouts just plenty of chunked up muddy spots that will be dry by wed. unless it rains again.

and the hot tub at the bridge is gone again.

I was on Seven Springs road yesterday.;)
How was your trip? Trip report?

too lazy to do a trip report,,,, but it was awesome. wheelin, ridin and billiards, what could be better.
billiards II.jpg

Thats a guy I want to go camping with! :cool:

I hear Shannons is in now....Cayce, forget those rug rats and come up north:hillbilly:

BTW, channel 4 on the ol CB.

Im on the in-laws laptop right now near Steamboat in the northern Colorado mountains. Losta snow! Pulled the kids around on the huge tractor tubes behind Gramps Can-am 500 4X4 quad all day. Man, im too used to the desert, gotta wear many layers to keep warm, right now its 26 degrees outside right now. We saw deer, a fox, and elk today. Beautiful place to visit but Ill live in the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom