Scepters style 5 gal water/fuel jugs - for sale $18.99 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I found these Scepter style 5 gal jugs (13"x7"x18.25) for sale - see post #3 for the link:D

They have a $50 minimum with free shipping. I only want one so I need to find others to help complete the order. Post up if you would like one available in Desert Tan or Olive Green.

The jugs are not made by Scepter but are are manufactured by a U.S. military contractor and even have "Property of U.S. Government" molded into the sides.

I read the Scepters jugs have an additional o-ring in the breather cap.
Besides that they seem nearly identical besides the markings and the price is great.

I sourced the info above and I have not held one in my hand, FWIW.

Last edited:
Links don't work for me...I get a login screen.

See post #3

I found this personal review compairing the LC Industries jug with the Scepter

i've got both the Scepter and the LCI cans and they are very close. Finish on the LCI cans isn't as nice as the Scepter, but they seem to be the same thickness plastic (based on wt.). My scepter has an oring on the air breather knob where the LCI didn't. It cost me a whole quarter each to retrofit some viton orings on to the 7 LCI cans I have. In the end the LCI cans have performed just as well as the Scepter water cans. I also posted the following in another thread comparing the LCI water cans to Scepter fuel cans.

"I explored this pretty indepthly a year or two ago. MY goal was to use the buylci.com water cans for fuel. They are very very close to the Scepter water cans. I ended up deciding not to do it. I researched out the military spec for the scepter fuel cans and recreated the testing on the LCI cans. Not using the same MFC spout... wasn't a big deal as i was going to use a super siphon. Putting viton orings on the vent and hose bib was simple and sucessful.

The problem came on the main lid seal. As Kurt said, the water can only has a 1/8" lip instead or the 5/8" flat ribbed seal surface. The water can uses a traditional "wedge" to seal within the cap. You see this being used on regular old gas cans from home depot. One of the reasons you don't want to use regular old cans is because this seal does not work when bouncing around and when the can changes temp. I attempted to install a large viton oring into this sealing area with very little success. I'd have to look up the military spec, but the can had to hold liquid under a certian pressure for a certian amount of time. I could not get it to meet either requirement. I could take it to about half the pressure required but could never get it to hold it for the time needed.

I was not too worried about the material or the plastic thickness. The LCI cans are made out of a single material, High Density Poly Ethylene(HDPE). From my discussions with LCI and tearing apart a can, there was no lining. The water cans are also a little thinner walled than the fuel cans. This also was not too much of a concern for me as the regular cans from Home depot are much thinner than the water cans. When doing the pressure test (I did it succcessfully on a Scepter MFC) the LCI can did swell more than the MFC, but not by much. I was only looking to use them for fuel storage in my garage so the heat and bouncing wasn't a big deal. I still opted to not use them at this point. Could you use them for emergencies, yes. They might be better than a regular plastic gas can, but probably not worth the risk. "

Hey Phil, get me a desert sand one. When do you want the money?

I think they look like this, but I am not 100% sure ..... so ..... view at your own risk.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm interested in at least one, maybe two. Cool if I join in on this?

Just to be clear...You guys know you're looking at water cans NOT fuel cans.
I have Scepter water cans and fuel cans and I can tell you they are quite different in the cap area and thickness of the material. I wouldn't use a water can as a fuel can unless I had to. The review Phil posted is pretty accurate as to the cap design.

BTW you can still get Scepter water cans, but they cost nearly 2X Phils deal. water cans | Brigade Quartermasters

I would like to get in on this if I can. I would like 2 of the Desert Tan. Does anyone know the dimensions of these? Who and how do I give the money to?

I would like to get in on this if I can. I would like 2 of the Desert Tan. Does anyone know the dimensions of these? Who and how do I give the money to?

Dimensions are in the first post.

I will be putting this buy together.

Duh!! Sorry, I glazed right over it. This would be nice for camping so I am in for two of the Desert Tan.

My application and money for the club membership is in the mail (famous last words) so hopefully I will be meeting people soon.

I know these are for water only.

Im closing this CSC buy with the buyers listed below and ordering once everyone confirms. Pick up and payment will be in the Scottsdale Road & Cactus area. Water jugs are $19.00 each

Please confirm on this thread you are in if your name is listed below.

If you are not listed and want a jug start a new thread. You only need 3 for free shipping.

CONFIRMED LandCruiserPhil 1 - Desert Sand

CONFIRMED Peter 1 - Desert Sand

CONFIRMED medtro 1 - Desert Sand

CONFIRMED FJ40LVR 1 - Desert Sand

CONFIRMED azrider 1 - Desert Sand

CONFIRMED azTony 2 - Desert Sand

Last edited:
azTony confirmed... Scottsdale Rd :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom