1976 fj40 - for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.claritypoolservice.net
As much as I hate to do this, I have to part with my favorite project / toy / baby, my long kept 76' 40 series. As a lot of you know, this has been a work in progress for the past 5+ years, and it will be a great continuing project, or out of the box trail rig for someone who is interested, and a true 40 series fan.

Project Build / History Thread Here

The short list:

350 V8 Conversions
Stock 4 speed Tranny / Transfer Case
Transplanted "Rust Free" body from a donor in Tucson
Spring Over
Power Steering Conversion / High Steer.
1978 Front Axle, Cut and Turn to match transfer case
Rear Disc Conversion to Monte Carlo slotted drilled discs, Chevy for piston calipers. / Hybrid Brakes - can lock up 38"s from any speed if you want to
Aussie Lockers Front and Rear
Both front and rear axles completely rebuilt with best parts available
Custom made / balanced Driveshaft’s F & R
Holley "Red" fuel Pump - aftermarket Fuel Cell.
Jason Bowman Custom Exhaust - twins to flowmasters, sounds great, tucked up high.
Custom removable Front Winch Bumper
Warn 9000 Winch - brand new.
Custom trim rear sheet metal, ending in removable custom winch / receiver bumper.
Custom made roll cage - multiple point protection / ties.
Custom made 4 core cross flow aluminum radiator - runs at 190 max WITHOUT a shroud.
Aftermarket rear bench seat / toolbox
Carbon / fiberglass removable tranny cover
Custom sliders / body trim – bolt on.
Tons of extra parts included, such as extra set of complete axles, birfs, shafts, heater, misc parts etc., etc., etc.

Runs Great! Has only been out twice in it's second life since I started as a frame - all parts are brand new listed above.

The Negative:
This is a project vehicle - it runs good, wheels good, but is still rough in some areas such as:
Completion of dash
Front bucket seats need covers
Paint (if that matters)
Electrical (only has headlights, nothing else)
Tires – needs better tires eventually
Gearing – I was going to do a crawl box with 4.88’s
Cosmetic items.

$7000.00 Firm.

$15,000.00 invested over 7 years.

I have a million pics that I will throw up - I can be reached here on Mud, or at 602-882-0seven9six.
I am happy to answer as many, or as detailed questions at any time:flipoff2:
Cruiser 2.jpg
Cruiser 1.jpg
cruiser3.JPG

Last edited:
Pics.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Pics 2.
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Pics 3.
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Pics 4.
10.jpg

Sale Pending.

Good luck man ~ looks like some of the "for sale" rigs in our club are slowly starting to move.

Good luck man ~ looks like some of the "for sale" rigs in our club are slowly starting to move.

...I think I spoke too soon; deposit transfer never happened - Trailer didn'r show up to pick it up - not answering the phone or email now...:flipoff2: Is there a not good natured flip off dude we can add?

- SOLD -

Cash in hand this time. :frown:

Gotta load it up today with all the parts to become a South Florida:flamingo: Mud truck :mad: And await the transport guy in the AM.

- SOLD -
:clap:

Cash in hand this time. :frown: Why the sad face? cash always makes me smile!

Gotta load it up today with all the parts to become a South Florida:flamingo: Mud truck :mad: And await the transport guy in the AM.
yeah, but at least it is sold!

Cash in hand can mean low ball offer...hence the sad face. Congrats on getting it sold.

Cash in hand can mean low ball offer...hence the sad face. Congrats on getting it sold.

Metaphorically or course - more tlike Cashiers Check. Not a bad deal - made a seperate deal for about 700 lbs of misc. accompanying parts that was even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom