Mesa Muffler? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes....they are great guys and set me up. I was having them check for leaks and I had one hanger that was broken and another that was hitting the exhaust so it was making a loud racket so it was time to have them take a look at it. I was expecting to have them say a bunch of things were wrong and that it needed reworking. However, they said Jason did a pretty good job on it and spent a TON of time on it. They replaced the rear hanger with a newly welded HD one, and reworked the middle one and checked it for leaks and said it was leak free and all joints were good. All this for 20 bones. He did mention that it was out of tune and the exhaust was getting way too hot and recommended I take it in for a tune up.

They mentioned that if anyone else wants wants a similar exhaust it would be around 500 they said it takes a lot of time a labor to get an exhaust routed in the LC.

Had the 60 exhaust done there. Great service, very happy.

Yes....they are great guys and set me up. I was having them check for leaks and I had one hanger that was broken and another that was hitting the exhaust so it was making a loud racket so it was time to have them take a look at it. I was expecting to have them say a bunch of things were wrong and that it needed reworking. However, they said Jason did a pretty good job on it and spent a TON of time on it. They replaced the rear hanger with a newly welded HD one, and reworked the middle one and checked it for leaks and said it was leak free and all joints were good. All this for 20 bones. He did mention that it was out of tune and the exhaust was getting way too hot and recommended I take it in for a tune up.

They mentioned that if anyone else wants wants a similar exhaust it would be around 500 they said it takes a lot of time a labor to get an exhaust routed in the LC.

Unbelieveable...somebody look at and did something for only $20..... simply amazing

They did my rework after Jason's attempt. I was happy with the work they did. I think I still have a leak but have been to lazy to take it down there.

I still have the muffler that Jason installed if someone is looking for one...

It is not unheard of. There really are some good guys out there. Some of them own shops.
When I was at Clutch Dr., we went into the back offices of every shop in town. We knew the business methods of every shop. We were privy to the level of honesty of every business. It was a part of our job. We developed a referall system based on our knowledge.
We were just a bunch of ex-mechanics who had graduated to sales and service. We insisted on complete and straight-foreward honesty.
We well knew who were the charlatains, and who ran the honest shops. We had their names & numbers.
If you need to know anything about any shop in the PHX metro area, call Clutch Dr. The man to talk to there is Robert. He will know anything about any specialty or fabrication issue. It is his job to know everybody in the business. He may even be familiar with the shops that are run out of homes, at discount rates. Just call him at 480-921-1212. Ask for him by name.

They did my rework after Jason's attempt. I was happy with the work they did. I think I still have a leak but have been to lazy to take it down there.

I still have the muffler that Jason installed if someone is looking for one...

Based on the conditon of mine since I have been laying under it all day staring - I'll take you up on the offer...What size inlet / outlet? Whadaya want for it? Send me a PM or give me a call...

(The OE has dragged one two many times, the cripped outer edged is now seperating from the shell...)

Last week I just had Mad Hatter on 7th street install a new muffler (tucked up higher) and ran a new pipe from there to the tailpipe assy. If you look where the pipe after the muffler runs over the frame, the factory pinches the pipe down to about 50% width. The less restrictions the better. There was plenty of room to run a full diameter pipe up and over the frame rail.

They are good folks and reasonable there. They also caught the rubber mounts that sandwitch in on top on the two muffler hangars. Theyre hard to see , but mine were broken. I ordered them through Toyoya and they installed them during the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom