formal introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you Petunia. All growed up and ready to play:D.
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

no idea - it was on the truck when i bought it. if you're interested in duplicating it i could take some better pics for you.

Looks nice, any more mods on the horizon?

ya - with the recent sale of my tacoma, i now have funds for petunia. the big three: sliders, rear bumper, and a decent rack. hopefully i'll be able to get those done within the next couple weeks...don't know how long shipping will take on some items, maybe a road trip is in order...colorado, cali?
i hear that the inti racks are available again - i sent an email to the distributor, but no reply yet...

Nice rig. May I suggest adding a RTT when you get the rack installed, or perhaps a sleeping platform over a drawer system. Ya know, back up plans for when the Missus is fully pissed! hehe

ya know, i keep trying to convince the :princess: that we need a RTT, because i don't wanna sleep on the ground any more. she doesn't wanna get one because the dogs won't be able to get into it...

maybe a platform will be better anyway - i could probably make a sweet one with the same $$ a RTT would cost.

awesome weekend/monday

so, i started out installing my scangauge which finally came in the mail...12 days from mesa. i'm only complaining 'cause i'm ridiculously impatient ;p.

the install was so easy that i felt empowered and masculine, and i decided to attack the remnants of my fender flares - petunia was feeling unbalanced with one missing. easy, just unscrew here and here, then push forward...or back...or just pull hard. ya, that worked.:hillbilly:

fender flares done i felt even more masculine and powerful, so i decided to rid petunia of the hideous roof rack and the suffering factory roof rack it was mounted to. screws 1-7, easy. screw 8...um, not so easy. nutzert totally spinning. got it off eventually, with a minor alteration to the roof line... whatever, it's off right? still awesome.

so with all the manly work done, what do you do? order more parts! :D

on the way: big shipment from albuquerque - lots of stuff to do; some new brake pads, and a couple cases of m1 syn; and....(drumroll, please)...my 4x4 labs rear bumper!!:bounce::bounce2::bounce: bumper is coming with dual swing-outs, tire carrier and ladder + bolt on jerry can holder, so i can remove it when i'm not using it. which is good, because i might not fit in my parking space with it...gonna be tight. brian over there at 4x4 labs gave me a nice surprise on the phone too - he expects to ship it out thursday or friday!!

to top it off (unless you're talking about my bank account...) i went down and bought myself some new tools and tool stuff today as well.

so, in other words, i've got tools i don't know how to use to install things i don't know where to put, and things to put together with tools i don't have...sounds like the :beer:'s on me! alvin, your offer still good? who else wants to lend a hand?

Sweet! More welding for me to do!:bounce: Of course I'm gone the next 2 weekends. When you get that bumper kit in, bring it by and we can do some of the minor things to it in the evenings after work. Then we just need a weekend to knock it all out.

Petunia and I are heading out to pick up her 4x4 Labs rear bumper!!! I'm gonna try to man up and deal with my pounding headache to get some of the prep work done. I have so much to do on the truck...didn't think outpatient surgery would keep me down for more than a day, it's been 3 now and I still feel nasty.

Lots of progress...

Thanks to Alvin (MaddBaggins) we have progress! I'm so stoked to get my rear end looking good again (;)). Here's a couple pics from our work today.
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0274.jpg

Last edited:
Finished!!

Major props to Alvin :clap: for helping me out with the bumper, this thing is freakin' sweet! :bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:
Also picked up a rack from Garie (gotcruiser guy) - full length Tradesman Oval. :cool:
This will be it for Petunia for a while, as I have been cut off:frown:. Hopefully :princess: can find a way to fit sliders in my stocking this December:D
Here's some pics:
100_0655.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0654.jpg

Last edited:
Nice..
Perfection powder coating does a nice job if you've got the cash...

She looks sweet Cayce! Glad to help out. Thats 3 4x4labs bumpers I've built now. Next time, it's for $$. :hmm:

Neighbor up the street saw we were done and invited me over to a party last night. I've been nursing a hangover all day. :doh:

:cheers:

splitshot said:
Nice..

Thanks, and thanks for the tip. I'm planning on powder coating, but it's gonna probably gather a layer of rust before I get the money together.

MaddBaggins said:
Neighbor up the street saw we were done and invited me over to a party last night. I've been nursing a hangover all day.

What, my "payment" wasn't enough for you? :p

Nice..

Perfection will do you a good job. I think they did my entire bumper and swingouts for about $250. Sandblast and a textured powdercoat.

I'm like a kid on xmas eve...

:cool:...

You got to wait till july to make a comment like that..;p

So, when is the installation date, and the test rock bashing?:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom