What about Bob? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked my nose and these boogers came out...

35866_407655192420_501052420_430135.jpg

I'll clean it up more so that it's totally flat when painted.
This was my first ever welding aside from "tacking" pieces together. I actually know why it looks bad: I was using welding rod flux type as the filler... I'm going to get some steel rod the same size and use it as a filler and it will weld better than that crap that kept splattering.... but... it's a start and I'm now learning to weld and have a welder at my disposal! Something that had yet to be convienently available to me.

ah - you said filler rod so I assumed tig. that's a pretty wide gap to fill regardless of what you're using, I thing you're going to be doing some serious grinding no matter what. are you going to use straight co2 or argon mix. I use straight co2 and haven't noticed a lot of spatter.

ah - you said filler rod so I assumed tig. that's a pretty wide gap to fill regardless of what you're using, I thing you're going to be doing some serious grinding no matter what. are you going to use straight co2 or argon mix. I use straight co2 and haven't noticed a lot of spatter.

sorry. not mig, but flux cored wire... so no gas.

are you going to leave the door handle or weld in a panel?

knock it out and seal it up... but that'll be a "finishing touch" thing down the road. Got ALOT of work to do that will take months.... no need to ask about updates cause it'll be SLOOOOOOOOOOW

tease... just tacked up, but this is the cab in 95 degree weather...

untitled1212.jpg

untitled255f.jpg

Looks good....better than I expected. That weight reduction got the arse end sitn pretty high don't it. Still wanna spray parts on Catfish Charlie?

37433_409124307420_501052420_433762.jpg

35990_409123432420_501052420_433761.jpg

28357_404470547420_501052420_421258.jpg

Last edited:
Cattywampus' tailgate!
It's such a good older sibling always sharing!

That's coming out nice. Are u gonna bob the bed too? I guess you are gonna bob, Bob..

That's coming out nice. Are u gonna bob the bed too? I guess you are gonna bob, Bob..

Thanks. Yes. Bobbing as well as doving the rear... Got plans for the front fenders too... something I've never seen done to an 80...

Got plans for the front fenders too... something I've never seen done to an 80...

an Airbrushed picture of Richard Simmons nude on em!!!!!! :eek:

She gonna be dirty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom