Builds Bored and building a 02 Sequoia (mild Build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just to keep you updated. Instead of trading it in, I decided to keep it and use it for misc. duties. So I dec. to keep myself busy and see what I could do. It is a 02 Sequoia with the A-Trac system 4x4. 2UZFE engine V8

Mods Completed:
Rear Aussie (lunch box) locker
Full undercarriage (custom 1/4" steel skid plates from Front to rear including the T-case)
Full Sliders 1 3/4" OD DOM rock sliders, custom built
Toy Tec Lift with the front and Rear sway bars removed. Flexes awesome in the rear, and well in the front for a worthless IFS.
CUsomt front bumper for a 10k winch with the Hella FF1000 lights (tied into the factor switch) The winch bumper is the "base" build of the "begining" of the front bumper. I plan on wrapping the front with some sick 1 3/4 OD tube. This is the begining
Running some 295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers (No RUb Whatsoever)
enjoy. Pics will be updated as the build progresses

She just got back from Choccolocco ORV park in Bama with the NFCH crew, and REALLY did well on the trails. for an POS IFS rig
sequoia build 008.jpg
sequoia build 014.jpg
sequoia build 012.jpg

More pics
sequoia build 016.jpg
sequoia build 010.jpg
sequoia build 015.jpg

Nice build :)

Nice work, if I can get away with it I can see something similar for our 02 after the wife is done with it :D Thanks for the inspiration :cheers:

Last edited:
Did you change the gears with those meaty tires? Looking good! How's the locker working?

WOW! This is just what i have been looking for, it is about time someone else realizes that the Seqouia has some mild potential. Thanks for your build pics, keep them coming! I cant wait to see the bumper finished. Do you have plans for that rear bumper? I have been considering attempting to build a custom rear bumper on my 01. What do you think of the toytec lift?

Hey sorry., I have not had much time lately, but I did build the custom roof rack. I built it from scratch and integrated a CAMPINGLAB awening system built into the rack (instead of mounting on the outside to hang a tree) the lights are on, 4 in the front 2 on the sides and 2 facing the rear. They have not been wired yet. The custom front bumper will be started next week, and I think you all will be impressed with the outcome.. I have the design in my head, and it is going to be AWESOME. I am also going to remove the facotry rear bumper and build a custom rear bumper swing away rear bumper with a ladder to access the roof rack.

I like the ToyTec lift (for the money) Obviously I have been debating the SAS conversion with a 80 series axle, but I think I am going to hang with the IFS until it starts to fail, and it will buy me time to save the funds needed for the swap.

Stock gears for now, and it DOES NOT need re-gearing (yet) with the lift, 295 tires, roof rack, added weight from the winch and skid plates AND towing a expedition trailer. I can do 85+mph all day long in overdrive. (the 2UZFE engine is VERY potent) If I cruise at 75mph with the trailer and loaded with kids and dogs, I get about 14.5 mpg at 75mpg with the cruise control on (and it doesnt search for gears even at decent hill climbs. When I was in Bama on the trail ride climbing the "real" mountains, I did reach over and turn the OD off so it would not continuously up/down shift. but with the OD off at 70mph it was revving at an easy 2775rpm +- pulling the trailer like it wasnt even back there. I agree, this truck is a great base to build off of, and certainly one of the first builds of its type. That is why I am taking it on as a project.

Future mods (soon)
Front and rear custom bumpers
fender protection
100 series snorkel
pull off the factory fenders and custom cut them to accept larger tires (35" tires)

Future mods (within the next 1.5 years)
SAS conversion w/ 80 series solid axle
2000 model 6.5L turbo diesel conversion WFO conversion (I have the mint engine and transmission (4L80EHD) AND a corp 14 bolt axle sitting in the garage and waiting for a new home in something :):):)
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg

oh, and you will notice in the first picture that I finished the front skid plate. So I am officially DONE with the undercarriage 1/4 thick skid plates from the front to rear THANK GOD!!!!!!!! It was a pain in the ars!!!!

Keep it coming, keep it coming!! :popcorn: I am saving to order the Toytec lift. I will be watching your bumper build, with great

anticipation. I am also thinking of building a swing out tire carrier

jerry and water can carrier. Nice work on the skidplates!

Awsome build, I love that its a sequioa,super unigue.
Hey, IFS isnt that bad.

Damn Man, I think that you jinx'ed me on that IFS statement of it "not so bad" LOL I just last weekend wheeling with NFCH completely shattered a front IFS ring and pinion:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So I will be SAS'ing sooner than expected. and after many discussions with the crew, and in preparations for our Moab trip in June, I will be slapping some 1 ton axles from a 05' Ford F-350 under the Suk, and going from there, I will post pics of the mods etc.etc. so stay in tune for hell to break loose at the shop:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Oh wow this is turning into a back-yard build, next he'll say something like I'm hand painting a #3 on the side of the SuK, and repainting it with bass boat sparkles.

A

Actually I was thinking about painting it Pink and and having a bunch of "hula bitches" on the dash LOL

Just picked up a set of 05 F350 axles for the swap. Just tore down the front IFS for the conversion. Will post pics soon.

I'll be on that side of town all next week, I'll give you a shout. Would love to see this thing getting SAS'd (little extreme in my book) but it fits you so ..... good luck.

A

OK Just started the rear. I am installing a Corp 14 bolt Full Float with 4.56 gears SHAVED PUMPKIN and a detroit. After tearing down the rear of the truck I was originally going to go with leaf springs, but decided to go with a 3 link design since the Suk is PERFECTLy set up to handle this set up. Here are some pics, I will post more as the build progresses. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Corp 14 axle swap 001.jpg
Corp 14 axle swap 006.jpg
Corp 14 axle swap 008.jpg

oops... just realized that a friend of mine was over at my house and logged in on MY computer and forgot to log out... Sorry. More pics.
Corp 14 axle swap 007.jpg
Corp 14 axle swap 003.jpg
Corp 14 axle swap 006.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom