Daytime Running Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks

Just imported myself a 2001 Tacoma from the US to Canada. I need to install daytime running lights. Anyone have any experience installing the module for this? Any suggestions.

Thanks

get the $35 kit from canadian tire. installs in about 1 hour. simple as pie. now if you want the DRL's to activate when the ebrake is released...you'll have to splice into the ebrake light in order to trigger the drl module. more work involved. otherwise, the CT kit puts the lights on at 100% once the ignition is in the 'ON' position.

there are other kits available, some put out less than full power to the lights...but i wanted the quickest and easiest setup. you can always disable it if you want by unwrapping the green wire off the plug wire...

So are DRL a Canadian requirement? I just leave my lights on, as they turn off automatically anyway (it's a Toyota thing), and have done it that way for years. Plus some of the DRL setups that put out less than 100% will mean you go through bulbs quicker.

But if it is a requirement, just get the cheapest kit, then just leave your lights on.

Thanks for the info. DRL are a requirement....at least to past the inspection....lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom