Roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may sound kinda funny, but i want to put a roof rack on my 96 extended cab taco. over the cab.
has anyone seen this before i cant find anyone who has done this.
if you have some pics would be great!/ideas?
thanks.

Some similar to these:

Expedition Portal Forums - View Single Post - Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.
mg0948jo4.jpg

Expedition Portal Forums - View Single Post - Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.
2005748181295708624_rs.jpg

100_1125.jpg

Ya, thanks,
those are some pretty cool set ups.

Coleman Safari Rack $75-80 at Costco

a bunch of us over on Yota Tech and T4R.org have jumped on them....

Check OffRoadUnlimited. They have grat racks. And they can add a Baja light cage to the front. They have multiple sizes, and multiple toyotas listed.

thanks guys i went ahead and bought one of those colmens off of costcoim siked

now down to $59 at Costco

Coleman Safari Rack $75-80 at Costco

a bunch of us over on Yota Tech and T4R.org have jumped on them....

This same Coleman Safari Rack is now only $59 at Costco, I believe you would need roof rails to mount it.

Has anyone gotten one of the coleman's and can speak to the quality of it? Obviously the price difference between the Thule and Yakima is huge, so I doubt you can go wrong, but want to make sure it will at least last for a little while.

I have mine installed and am perfectly happy with it. Is it as rugged as a Thule or Yakima? probably not...

probably about one hundred of us on T4R.org and YOTA TECH have them, easy to remove and install. Some folks have been adapting mounts for carriers for recovery equipment/Hi Lift Jacks/shovels/off road lights. Wind fairing-easy to remove Coleman logo, heat it up with a hair dryer.

have any of you mounted these to a ex-cab i know you can use the clip mounts on the front with the doors. but what about the back?
Any Ideas?

I am getting ready to put the factory roof rack on my '04. Not usre yet what rack I will use but the Coleman is tempting at the price. I just have to figure how I will mate it to the factory rack.

I have Yakima Bars over my Cab,

I am about to add two more over the camper shell. Im going with a double Basket set up. or i will be able to do Basket/Ski rack, or Basket/Bikes, or.......

Looking for 99 4Runner factory roof rack

Does any one have a factory 3rd Gen roof rack that they would like to sell me?

Thanks,

Darren

They pop up on Ebay cheap every now and then. I almost picked one up to modify for my truck.

Finally got to the roof rack and installed it. turned out pretty good i think.:)
4.jpg
7.jpg

very nice! tell me a little more about your set up. bumpers,engine mods etc. I just bought a 2001. looking to put on some goodies.

very nice! tell me a little more about your set up. bumpers,engine mods etc. I just bought a 2001. looking to put on some goodies.

she's a 96 with a 2.50 OME lift, 32X11.50 maxxis big horns, ARB Front bumper W/ warn 9000, Costom Rear bumper & sliders. cant forget the snorkel. stock engine nothing done to that. coleman roof rack. and what ever else is on there. that work for ya?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom