A nice country drive... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week Thursday we took a little drive through the country side to show the father in-law the surrounding area and end up on this nice lane above Rivington on the West Pennine Moors (Winter hill).:steer:

Rivington1.jpg

Rivington2.jpg

Rivington3.jpg

It is well washed out and very rocky and there was this “step” to get on to, (similar to the “Gap” in Wales). Was able to test the articulation. Found that the sway bars are limiting the down ward travel (droop).
Rivington5.jpg

May be a good thing on the front end cause it might be braking the cv’s if it’s stretched further. But that lead to the need for a front diff-lock, had to chuck a few rocks under the driver side front wheel to get enough traction to pull the truck up and through the “step”. Might need to make some Quick Disconnects for the rear sway bar to get more droop so to have better traction in similar situations.
Rivington6.jpg

Rivington7.jpg

It was a lot of fun doing it, just a same it was over so quickly.We have a lot of restrictions on lane and this is the only one still opens for miles.

Rivington4.jpg

I now have made some spacers for the rear bump stops to try stopping the wheel from rubbing when fully stuffed. I also change the sway-bar bushes front and rear cause both were knackered. :meh:
I also changed the oil in both diffs and bleed the brakes, was a bit spongy.:wrench:

Cool !!! Niiice truck ! I am partial to that color.

ps. Welcome to the addiction here !!! :beer:

The tires are 305's. I have fitted 30mm wheel spacers to stop them from rubbing on the A arm and chassis.

Very nice!

Yes,when the wheels are in a straight line it's not to bad but it's when I drop down over a rock/edge and need to turn, then it is very noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom