Intro from Africa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Just a quick hello from down in South Africa, I have just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I am a bit of a Cruiser nut, at the moment I compete in our offroad challenges with a shortened FJ45 powered by a 1950's 327 Chev with all the goodies. My main project at the moment is a Prado SWB build up for the Warn ARB Outback Challenge in Australia. I am doing the following mods to the 90. 100 series Rear axle, FJ75/FJ80 hybrid front axle, 5.3 Litre Vortec engine with Howel ECU and a 100/80 series gearbox, transfer case and 80 series radius arms with King Shocks Coilovers. I need some advise on the 100 series Transfer case, it is electronically controlled at the moment and I want to convert it to manual, any ideas?

Cheers

Dude .. welcome from Panamá .. it sounds like a Hard Core Corner proyect ! please keep us posted with pics and details of your proyect ..

Welcome to mud, looks like you're building the ultimate Prado, I'm willing to bet that there aren't many SAS'd 90 series on the planet. You're the first one I've heard of. I've been flirting with the idea of putting a solid axle on mine, but I just haven't gained the courage to do it yet.

Regarding the transfer case conversion from electronic to manual, you might be able to get better feedback by starting a thread specific to the tcase on the 80-series & 100-series forums.

Could you tell us why you chose the 90 series platform, over a 70 or 80 for example? What advantages did you take into consideration?

Good luck with your project, keep us posted!

G'day and welcome to the forum. Sounds like an awsum project, do ya have any pics of the build up so far.

I might even have to go to this years event just to see this machine in action.

Cheers

Thanks for the interest,

I will post some pics soon, I was really stupid I bought the Prado as a wreck, fixed up the body work and didnt take any pictures. The project is only in the beginning stages with motor and box mounted, I am taking the body off tonight so I can start work on the axle and suspension mountings .

If any of you are interseted the web site address for the Outback challenge is outback4x4challenge.com

Be good to meet you in Oz.:beer:

Cheers

Warner

Just figured I add to the international hello and be the first north american to respond. Welcome to the forum.

Warner,

Best of luck with the OBC. There is a sister event in the north of your continent, in Morocco.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in your preparations for the event.

Warner,

How's that beast coming? Can't wait to see it...

PS: Scott, thanks for stopping by the 90 series forum, I encourage you to come in and participate more often, we could really use your expertise in creating some good tech content, since the Prado shares a lot with the Taco.

Tepui and archie, thanks for the welcome

South America is my next big trip (after the Arctic). Hopefully fall of 2008 we will spend 6 months exploring that incredible continent.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick hello from down in South Africa, I have just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I am a bit of a Cruiser nut, at the moment I compete in our offroad challenges with a shortened FJ45 powered by a 1950's 327 Chev with all the goodies. My main project at the moment is a Prado SWB build up for the Warn ARB Outback Challenge in Australia. I am doing the following mods to the 90. 100 series Rear axle, FJ75/FJ80 hybrid front axle, 5.3 Litre Vortec engine with Howel ECU and a 100/80 series gearbox, transfer case and 80 series radius arms with King Shocks Coilovers. I need some advise on the 100 series Transfer case, it is electronically controlled at the moment and I want to convert it to manual, any ideas?

Cheers

That thing is going to be a monster!! I'm interested to see how this turns around.

It’s nice to read about the outback challenge here…

The race will be in May, from 05/16 to 05/24…so your Prado needs to be on the ship at this point.

I was working with a Venezuelan team, the car was loaded in the container last Wednesday, it should leave Los Angeles (CA) port on Sunday… I’m waiting a call from the agent to be 100% sure…

We need to work on our schedule there, like renting a Land Cruiser or Nissan Patrol to follow the race car, that is not a Land Cruiser BTW… but it wasn't not my choice…

I know, where are the pics? I don't have any yet...

JK light bar fabrication - Expedition Portal Forums

I got some pictures in action... we will be adding some more soon...

CruiseAfrica is my favorite guy now, they blowed the engine, they already knew where to get another one, just in case, and they phone the shop, got transportation to Broken Hill thanks to Meca and they swap the engine overnight and they were ready for race the next day... what a guy!!! I was in a top of a hill doing video, I saw them coming and start to jump of happiness... wherever people saw me at a distante maybe thing...what is wronng with that guy... well... some pictures here, SS2 & SS3 is the best so fare, but we we need to cover to 25 stages...so a lot more to come...

Yopo4x4 - Club de Aventura

Roberto

Drool...

33.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom