Prado rear axle shaft recall info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those not familiar with the rear axle shaft recall issued earlier this year, I found this official communication from Toyota were exact vehicle IDs are specified:

http://toyota.jp/recall/2006/0516.html

(go to http://babelfish.altavista.com for a quick translation)

"...a crack may occur in the Prado's rear axle shaft if it is repeatedly driven on winding roads in the mountains at a high speed, it said, warning that a wheel may come off in the worst case."

I know for a fact that Australian Toyota Dealerships have been very responsive about this recall. Hope this thread helps those who were not aware.

be safe!

picture 9.jpg

Hi Tepui,

My dads KZJ 90 had the rear axle shaft replaced after the recall. The good part is that the axles came complete with new bearings and backing plates. So a free rear axle overhaul.

Mark

also my 90 had the rear axle shaft replaced after the recall..in italy only kzj was recalled..

good work man, youmay have saved some lives!

I asked from Toyota about my KZJ90. And answer: "Due to the fact that your vehicle does belong to this recall, we kindly ask your to refer to your local TOYOTA dealer to change the necessary parts."

Let´s see how it goes...

Toyota Chile got back to me. They say that the Prados they imported are RZJ90L and the recall applies to RZJ90W models. The weird thing is that the person I spoke to claims that W stands for Japanese Domestic Market (which makes me doubt him) We all know that the L stands for Left hand drive, and this recall applied to many countries.

For the record: I 'm still not convinced.

toyota call me to change the rear axle shaft of mi kzj-90vx, (9 years later thats incredible)

regards

My Car is currently at Toyota, having the shafts replaced. Nice having the rear axle overhauled at no cost to myself! Cannot see any visual difference between the old and the new shafts though!

90 VX za,

Were you able to get the part numbers for the replacement axles?

Thanks,

Roy

Axle breakdown

My toyota lost his rear right wheel 3 years ago, lucky I was in first gear, but let my tell you the sensation is not very good..........
At the time I reclaim to Portuguese Toyota because I considered an abnormal problem, and they excuse with out time warranty.
Can you believe it ?
It take almost 3 years to be refounded of the money expended to repair it ......$1000................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom