90 Series Cutaway Technical Illustration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to share this cool technical illustration.
eurolc90cutaway.jpg

they have rear disc brakes??? hmm i wonder how easy a retro would be for all of us taco/4runner owners.

It shows a deso engine (by where the air filter assy is mounted) and is fitted with duel batteries.
Was this a standard TOyota option in some countries if fitted with the optional (Toyota) winch similar to 80 Series?

I already have duel batts fitted (home done) so I'm just wondering on the answer and hoping to build knowledge of other countries 90 series rigs

:cheers:

they have rear disc brakes??? hmm i wonder how easy a retro would be for all of us taco/4runner owners.

I recon it'd be an easy swap (never done one tho) if the info on the similarities thread are spot on.

You'd have to get brake lines and stuff, but it seams as if suspension is the same so it should bolt up OK

It shows a deso engine (by where the air filter assy is mounted) and is fitted with duel batteries.
Was this a standard TOyota option in some countries if fitted with the optional (Toyota) winch similar to 80 Series?

I already have duel batts fitted (home done) so I'm just wondering on the answer and hoping to build knowledge of other countries 90 series rigs

Hello dhula
This seems to be an Model with the "Cold Area Spec." Here in Europe all J9 with the 1-KZ-TE engine have two Batteries (2x80Ah, in my Case i preffer 2 x 100Ah - BIGGER IS BETTER :cool: ) under the hood.
If its the Petrol Engine 5VZ-FE, they have "only" one 60Ah Battery!

Another Detail of the "Cold Area Spec." is the "Idle Up Button" for a quicker Heating of the Enginge Coolant.

BTW: TEPUI, Where is this nice Picture from? Have You others in this style?

Greetings from the Swiss alps!

Tundra ;)

Tundra,

Do you have any more info on the 'idle up button' you mentioned.

Is it a electronic thing that interfaces with the ECU or is it a small electrical motor that moves the accelerator pedal?

Thanks

Tundra,

Do you have any more info on the 'idle up button' you mentioned.

Is it a electronic thing that interfaces with the ECU or is it a small electrical motor that moves the accelerator pedal?

Thanks

Hello dhula
"Idle Up"
idleupwh0.jpg
is a realy Usefull Trick esspecial here in the cold Areas:
This Liquidheater becomes the Power from from a drive belt with a Magnatic Pulley. In this Heater beginns a Rotor to turn in Siliconoil. This Movement heats up the Cooling Liquid of the Engine and the Passengers Room.
While the Heater works, the Idle Speed is environ 1'200 R/min, when you Start the Engine, the A/C or when the is an strong acceleration its out of working. the Same when you insert a drive position at the automatic transmission (f.e P -> R or N -> D)

Sorry it's in German, but it's just for Information:
viscoseheizverstaerkerfx0.jpg

Greetings from the snowy Swiss Alp's

Tundra ;)
IH8MUD, but i Like Snow :bounce:

Just an other Image: Rear heater for the Passengers:

rearheaterxf5.jpg

Any Questions?

Greetings from the Swiss Alp's

Tundra ;)

That's great info Tundra thanx.

It looks like it works on the ECU from the switch and increases engine speed (RPM) when on. I was thinking this could be a way to increase RPM when winching using an electric winch and hense giveing a little more back to the battery. I wouldn't need the heter part tho

Do you have any wiring diagrams of where it all feeds to/from the ECU (wire colours etc) and any other details of what is in the switch (resistors or something else) to step down voltage so ECU only increases to 1200 rpm.

Also Tundra, if it's not to much trouble can you please translate all the words in the scematic picture.

EG:

Magnet-kupplung is magnetic coupling
and
Fond-hiezung is rear heating

I've only guessed those 2 as I really have no idea but they loook right from the info in your post. (Hope I was at least a little close)

Thankx

Dhula

has anyone any info on this "idle up" switch that will expand on what is already said.

Do you now if it is "plug and play" type stuff.

If it is I can always find a switch and "plug and play" if there is a connector behind the dash somewhere. That is if the wiring harness on the EU cars is the same as AU cars

Also Tundra, if it's not to much trouble can you please translate all the words in the scematic picture.

EG:

Magnet-kupplung is magnetic coupling
and
Fond-hiezung is rear heating
Hello Dhula

Yes i will try to help You and will make the translation in the following days.

Greetings from the Swiss Alp's

Tundra :)

Hello Dhula
Finally, here it is - Some more information’s about this Switch:

Structure & function
In the European models for cold areas it’s normally build in every J9 an viscose heat amplifier. This increases the coolant liquid temperature through raises the engine load and by the produced heat of the silicone oil in the heater. The heat amplifier sits above at the engine and is driven by a belt with a Pulley with Magnetic clutch . Inside the housing is a rotor in the silicone oil, when it turns, this heats up the circulating cooling water in the inside.

The number of rotations is raised on 1200 min-1.
When starting, switched on the air conditioning system or acceleration (Throttle over 45% for longer than 5 seconds) the heat amplifier is deactivated.

Some Translations
Magnetkupplung = Magnetic clutch
Heizleistungsverstärker = heat amplifier
Heizungsschlauch = Heater hose
Kühlwasser = Cooling water / -liquid
Motor = Engine
Frontheizung = Front heating
Fondheizung = Rear heating
Schnellleerlaufschalter = Idle-Up Switch
Einspritzpumpe = Fuel injection pump
Signal der A/C Magnetkupplung = signal of the A/C magnetic clutch
Zündschalter = ignition switch