I need help finding bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
This is gonna be an odd request, but here we go. I have been in the process of designing and building my front and rear bumpers. The rear is all done and installed and I'm now working on the front. I am a mechanical engineering teacher at a high school. I gave my students the task to do structural load testing on the bumpers, frame, and receiver mounts in CAD to see what type of load pull they could handle. In the process some got excited about the idea of designing something like it. In the past they get to choose from a list of challenges for their final, so I decided this year I would add the FJ80 bumper as one of those options. I start this project on Monday. Here's where you guys come in. I need links to any co. websites that sell aftermarket front bumpers. I know Slee, metal tech, arb, and a few others make them. If you have a custom one off front bumper that you would like to post pics of; that would be awesome to. I would like to have a thread where links and pics are all posted in one spot. That would save my students the hassle and time of having to research and track down all those websites. They just don't have that amount of time with only 4 weeks left in the school year. There task will be to come up with an original design (using what's already on the market and built as a one off for inspiration). It will need to have either a receiver or winch mount and d-rings or shackle mounts. Beyond that it's up to them. I also tasked them with a budget of $500 which will be quite the challenge. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
AOE front (most of their stuff is on Facebook, no info on their website)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Overland-Expedition/89641896537

8485885797_7d050154ba_h.jpg

8486985230_60c991201d_h.jpg

8506337844_45644103bc_h.jpg

Huston Fab rear (pics are buried in his for sale thread)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/414855-80-series-swing-out-tire-carrier-bumper.html

8636942152_eab4dbd882_h.jpg

8636941894_d712464980_h.jpg

I second that bumper. How do you make your pics look like sex?

Second that the photos look awesome. I need to get myself one of those cameras and nice sturdy tripod...

A firm grip.

My thought was that High School students would be using this as a search tool so we need to keep this clean. Let's get back to posting pics of custom bumpers or links to aftermarket websites

Last edited:
Another mud member with some great ideas:

image-3579931321.jpg

image-1477241793.jpg

My thought was that High School students would be using this as a search tool so we need to keep this clean. Let's get back to posting pics of custom bumpers or links to aftermarket websites

Sorry. I realize high school students have never been on the Internet and never been introduced to anything more than G rated material. My apologies for sullying their soft, unadulterated minds.

Here's some more I googled:

DiabloBumper1.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

factorybumperends004.jpg

and a few more:

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_20110501_181151.jpg

imgp49651.jpg

I don't have any links, but good luck with the project.

Also, the MUD site is blocked at the school where I teach. Which makes me safer, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom