A Little CDL Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
On the trail Tuesday the CDL and ABS lights came on before I shifted or hit the button, but the CDL wasn't locked and the lights have been on sense. Going trail riding tomorrow, so it needed to be fixed. When the button was pushed the actuator motor ran but no change in the lights. The wiring harness was tucked over the bushing boss on the actuator motor.

cdl_wire_1_p.jpg

When I moved the harness there was a hole worn in it shorting out the system. Nice! :mad: Move the wires away and the CDL and ABS lights go out.

cdl_wire_2_p.jpg

A bunch of tape and some split loom cover fixed it. Check your harness routing in this area, mine only has 51K miles and wore through!

cdl_wire_3_p.jpg

A little trick, when taping in tight places wrap the tape on a small socket and apply to the wires. The socket allows good control of the tape and keeps dirt from sticking to it during application.

tape.jpg

Nice tip on the tape. Bet the socket being heavy helps you control it while unrolling around something you can't see so well, too. Good one.

So, which diff was this - front or rear??

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
So, which diff was this - front or rear??
DougM

Center, on the transfer case.

I have seen that once before, on a 93 with about 40k on it at the time.

Kevin is having various locker problems lately. Must be a pink panty LX thing :flipoff2:

A little trick, when taping in tight places wrap the tape on a small socket and apply to the wires. The socket allows good control of the tape and keeps dirt from sticking to it during application.

:doh: Wish I would have thought of that a long time ago. I will use that little trick a lot, thanks veddy much.

dang, love the tape trick!
some smart folks here!
this is so good I'm starting a thread in chat for more tips and tricks! thanks TRus!

Im trying to verify the cdl is stuck locked because the actuator motor is fudged but not sure were to test. Which is the motor actuator harness that needs to be tested per fsm? PLEASE :)

It's just a lexus Kevin.... you don't need 4WD.

PS: your near roll over on golden spike was/ is still the most funny thing I saw at CM08. Funny because everyone kept telling you to drive through it as your rear end kept going higher and higher....

I think I might have pooped myself in the same situation.

Im trying to verify the cdl is stuck locked because the actuator motor is fudged but not sure were to test. Which is the motor actuator harness that needs to be tested per fsm? PLEASE :)

Your probably not getting much input because it's been beat to death. Try a search for "cdl actuator" and see what you get. The first questions are what is working or not, motor running, lights, etc?

It's just a lexus Kevin.... you don't need 4WD.

PS: your near roll over on golden spike was/ is still the most funny thing I saw at CM08. Funny because everyone kept telling you to drive through it as your rear end kept going higher and higher....

I think I might have pooped myself in the same situation.

It wasn't exactly a comfortable spot, but from inside it didn't feel THAT bad?:hillbilly: It's been in less comfortable places, but I haven't seen any pix, so that may change my view? I didn't want to make it any worse by moving the wrong way, so held there till I got some answers on what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom