Started a roof rack build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started the mock up on some roof racks. 1x2 main crossbars to be followed by 1" round and maybe some corrugated for the front half. Tried to keep it nice and low @ 1.25" will run full length. The idea will be to have a RTT mounted to the rear section and a low profile basket up front. Waiting on 1" to arrive.
image-4097018252.jpg
image-1888541328.jpg

I am in Nevada City.

:popcorn:

That looks nice and clean so far. How many of those bar/towers are you going to use?

what kind of sill clamps are those?

^ x2 If you made them, get ready to start selling them! I want a few for my own rack idea. SUBSCRIBED!

Gutter supports...

So where did you get those rain gutter supports? Buy 'em or made 'em? They are nice and simple...

davegonz said:
That looks nice and clean so far. How many of those bar/towers are you going to use?

I'm thinking of just the two so far with 1" round in between. I may go with 3 but that might be overbuilding.

sethzilla said:
^ x2 If you made them, get ready to start selling them! I want a few for my own rack idea. SUBSCRIBED!

I made the towers. I know they're similar to others but also very simple and really stout.

mercfan said:
So where did you get those rain gutter supports? Buy 'em or made 'em? They are nice and simple...

I made them. Tried to keep them simple.

Nice brackets I like the look. Great work!

Butch1979 said:
Nice work as always! Looking forward to this build.

Buch

Thanks man, your's is next!!

Did you finish the roof rack??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom