5lb Fire Extinguisher and Bracket. (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 5lb ABC Fire Extinguisher and started thinking of a safe, and easily accessible location to mount it. This is what I came up with.

Went to a local shop and purchased a car mount bracket. This bracket is MUCH better than the wall mount version that came with the FE. I bent and welded two tabs to the bracket making a very secure, low profile mount. The front trim panel in the picture is notched just a little bit in order for the bracket to mount to the body. You can see where i notched it with the green marks in the first picture. The rear (larger) trim panel overlaps the front piece, so if I decide to move it later, you wont even know it was there. I hate cutting up perfectly good panels cause it creates an eye sore if you ever have to move it later.

The bottom bracket mounts to the lower bolt of the seat belt mechanism, and the top is mounted on the body (had to drill a hole.)

Hopefully this will give others a better option for mounting their 5lb extinguisher.
DSC02389.jpg
DSC02400.jpg
DSC02401.jpg

nicely tucked!

Looks like it came there. How close is it to the seat?

I need to check and see, but the bracket sits less than 1/2" from the trim. I never have the rear seats in, but I'll throw that one in there and see.

Big fire extinguisher = Good!

The restraints are something I'm not familiar. Rubber or ? Seems like they might not hold it?

The restraints are something I'm not familiar. Rubber or ? Seems like they might not hold it?

yup! I've only put out one small vehicle fire before, but I'd say it would be pretty sad to watch your truck go up in flames because your extinguisher ran empty too soon.

The shop I bought it from said its made for automotive use, and the straps feel pretty stout to me. They are made of rubber, but they dont stretch a ton, just enough to secure them on the mount.

Very Nice!

x2

I'd hate to have a 5lb FX flying at my head in an accident. It's good though to see folks put a decent sized extinguisher in their rig.

:beer:

I think the pictures are missleading. The straps are more durable looking in person. Amerex's website says the mount is made for automotive applications, as well as it being used in emergency vehicles.

The bracket wraps half way around the FE, and its not facing directly forward so the straps won't take all the force in a wreck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom