Depo + fx-r bi-xenon projectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
Inspired by lndcruz - fx-r bi-xenon projectors, Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs, and e-46 shrouds.

DSCF2923.jpg

Last edited:
Low beam 35watt HID - Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs 4300K
f4 - 1/2sec - 100iso
lowFXR.jpg

High beam 50watt HID - no name 5000/6000K bulbs
f4 - 1/2sec - 100iso
highFXR.jpg

Last edited:
total cost?

total cost?

Prices are here. I already had the HID balasts and the Depos so roughly $220 for the FXRs, shroud, bulb, and adapter cable.

Much better than your hid kit. Looks very clean.

You enjoying the extra output? Did you leave the h1 hi beams hooked up?

The cost should be the same mine was. Depo headlamps? If you can find them. I paid $200 a year or two ago. The projectors, bulbs, shrouds, and hid kit ballast adaptor was $293. But defiantly worth it.

PNP Upgrade: Bi-xenon - Complete Kits from The Retrofit Source LLC

The light is much better. The cutoff takes a bit to get used to but after a few days, I like it a lot. Here are some pics of the difference. I hooked up the shutters and left the H1s in the high beams.

Before and after pics:

Low beam 35watt HID - Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs 4300K
f4 - 1/2sec - 100iso
low.jpg

Low beam 35watt HID - 5000K no name bulb
f4 - 1/2sec - 100iso
lowFXR.jpg

Last edited:
After scuffing up the reflector what did you use to glue in the socket? Hi-Temp or what?

:eek: super cool, Love your rig Treeroot.

PS: what brand is your roof rack.

Thank you, the roof rack is an African Outback powder coated grey.

After scuffing up the reflector what did you use to glue in the socket? Hi-Temp or what?

I bolted the assembly to the reflector. the only glue was some super glue on the back of the standoffs to hold them in place until the bolts were set.

What wire harness did you use?

What wire harness did you use?

The projectors came with the pigtails in post 3. I am running the Slee headlight harness to the ballasts.

Nice work Treeroot !

I purchased the exact same mining aggreagte to do my grille.... yet to be done (im lazy)

I've had some projectors out of the infinity FX35s & digital ballast ..... and your virtually kicking me in the nuts posting this thread for myself to get it done...

Maybe I'll do that. Thanks for sharing !

Are these available anywhere as a drop in or plug and play option? If not anybody have single source yet for everything you need? Thanks.

Are these available anywhere as a drop in or plug and play option? If not anybody have single source yet for everything you need? Thanks.

You have to modify the housing for it to work ... so not necessarily a "drop in" , but a somehwat simple process. The whole process is shown in the post ... or search HID Retrofit on google or something and you'll find more write ups.

P.S. Youd have to have clear lenses on the headlights to work. Otherwise the output is all jacked up... which the stock headlights are not, hence no drop in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom