Did I do the right thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaDon

I am here
Threads
Website
good-times.webshots.com
I finally join the ranks of Land Cruiser owners, with yesterday's purchase of a '94 FZJ80.

Pics will tell the story for now.

Sat for ~1 year under 2 redwood trees.
IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

PO's wife hit a pole, or so the story goes.
IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

The battery was totally dead, so I put a new one in today.
IMG_2061.JPG

It was so dead, I barely got it jumped, then didn't shut it off all the 30 miles from his house to my work. I left it running while I put $20 worth of gas in it, and that's when I took this pic.
IMG_3713.JPG

^^^^You didn't see anything interesting in that picture, did you?

Yep, it's locked. I exercised the lockers in the parking lot on lunch break and got the rear to engage and disengage.
IMG_2066.JPG

But, so far, the front just keeps flashing.
IMG_2067.JPG

I'll have to find some dirt and try them over and over while turning circles, etc.

Token engine compartment shot.
IMG_2062.JPG

I started degreasing/cleaning, but it'll need a lot more.
Then there are some leaks to work on, including this coolant leak.
IMG_2063.JPG

Hood struts need to be replaced.
IMG_2064.JPG

Of course, the list goes on and on. The radio is not in there, but he's supposed to be bringing it to me. His brother had installed an aftermarket stereo, or two; one of which was stolen at some time, so the bezel has been replaced. Luckily, I have a Scion head unit laying around that I've already tested, I just need the brackets to install it.:D
IMG_3715.JPG

Yes, I was driving when I took that picture. The kids were riding with me and they had some fun taking pictures.
IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

That's all for now. I'm working on a list of baseline stuff, then I'll post a list of future mods for you guys to provide input on.

Off to change my sig line. ;)

Congrats... that's exciting to see that little magic dial there for you!

my $.02: drop the running boards and the fender flares and it'll feel like a whole new rig!!!

Congrats again on your new prize!!

Congrats and welcome to the dark side :cheers:

I had the same coolant leak. Pretty easy fix once you drain the block. 3 O-rings at $6 each from the local stealership. Nice ride BTW.

Price?

Nice truck! Looks like it should keep you busy for a few days ;) Congrats!

It's interesting to see the differences in the instrument panel. On my 96 the CDL light is one space to the right of the ABS light, the PRND2L letters/number are white, and the lines on the oil pressure gauge look different (although that may just be my eyes).

A little work should have it looking nice in no time.

Might want to secure the battery a little better...

Congrats... that's exciting to see that little magic dial there for you!

my $.02: drop the running boards and the fender flares and it'll feel like a whole new rig!!!

Congrats again on your new prize!!

That brings me to the mods list, and a question about what order to do things in.
Assuming you don't have the cash to do everything at once, which do you do first?
Sliders
Lift (4 " max is my thought)
Tires (33" or maybe 35")
Deflare & de-running board
Bumpers

I had the same coolant leak. Pretty easy fix once you drain the block. 3 O-rings at $6 each from the local stealership. Nice ride BTW.

That's where I work! I'm tossing around how much to do with the cooling system at this point. I'll at least do this leak and the PHH, but should I do all the hoses at once, and while I'm at it, why not do the head gasket?:confused: I think I'll just fix what needs to be done, because for me, coolant is cheap.

I think it was a decent deal at $2300.:grinpimp:

Nice truck! Looks like it should keep you busy for a few days ;) Congrats!

It's interesting to see the differences in the instrument panel. On my 96 the CDL light is one space to the right of the ABS light, the PRND2L letters/number are white, and the lines on the oil pressure gauge look different (although that may just be my eyes).

I also was noticing some of the differences as I looked at the CDL switch and woodgrain threads.

A little work should have it looking nice in no time.

Might want to secure the battery a little better...

The hold-down is in the process of being derusted and repainted.;)

De-running boarding and de-flaring your new prize are both FREE MODS. I would do these first

$2,300 = sweet deal!

X3 on the sweetness of this dealio.

Love the SN. It makes me think of a Cosa Nostra-style guy in his TLC.

(And I mean that in the most respectful way... :D )

I think you did the right thing, and for a good deal as well.

X3 on the sweetness of this dealio.

Love the SN. It makes me think of a Cosa Nostra-style guy in his TLC.

(And I mean that in the most respectful way... :D )

By SN do you mean the license plate number? :confused: I'm trying to understand your reference.

I think you did the right thing, and for a good deal as well.

Thanks, Sean!:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom