Rigid Industries "E" Series LED Light Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
:eek: Excess has a new name and it's name is Rigid Industries.... :grinpimp:

I saw these at SEMA '07 and had to have one. My idea was to mount a low profile light on the roof rack but didn't plan on the 50 inch LED bar. The plan was to fit a 12" under the top bar of the Short Bus bumper. One too many trips to Slee and here you have it. I am still planning on a 12" up front (if it will fit) and a single dually 4" compact as a reverse light but the 50 just fit too well to pass up. The giggle factor alone made it worth it. Trail repair at night, no problem :D. They are made in the U.S.A. and are brighter than bright. Moore's law be darned...LED technology has made it and I cannot imagine a brighter light. Any more would be downright silly.

Specs:
50" E SERIES, HIGH INTENSITY LED LIGHT BAR. Light the way with the latest in LED technology. Brighter than most HID lights available. No warm-up. Fully dimmable. Extremely Durable! 50" Bar comes with 12" of flood reflectors on the outsides of the light and 26" of spot reflectors on the inside half of the light. This will optimize both functional light spread and light distance for increased visability.
General Specs.
Watts 190
Amp Draw 15.83
Lumens 18500
# of LEDs 100

Slee - LED Lights

Rigid Industries - LED and HID lights

LED1.jpg

LED2.jpg

LED3.jpg
LED1.jpg
LED2.jpg
LED3.jpg

Night pics. All shots were taken at the same exposure to attempt to show the difference. The light is brighter in person if you can believe it.

Shutter speed: 1/13
Exposure Program: Manual
F-stop: f/3.5
ISO speed: 1600
Focal Legnth: 18mm
Flash: Did not fire

This is with a 35watt HID in the low beams:
LowBeam.jpg

This is a 50watt HID in the high beams (stupid bright by itself):
HighBeam.jpg

50" E series :grinpimp:
50.jpg
LowBeam.jpg
HighBeam.jpg
50.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the spot in the middle and floods on the side. The color is very close to the 5000K HIDs I have. Surprisingly, there is little to no glare on the hood. It lights it up for sure but nothing you couldn't live with. There is a deer that may be a little lost right now but that alone may have paid for the lights. I spotted him off to the side and my HIDs wouldn't have lit him up.

For off highway use only...giggle....

Last edited:
Man that is beautiful! I knew it would be expensive, but I still had to clean up the drink I spit all over my monitor after seeing the price!

Oh well. Someday.

Very, very impressive however...the future for sure. I was going to ask about glare on the hood. That seems to be a big problem with regular roof lights. Nice to know it's not with the LEDs for some reason. I'd guess because the light is so much more focussed, there's little or no spill over like on a regular bulb and lens set up.

I'm kind of curious about your HID headlight set up. I'll have to search around for that write up.

holy crap thats nice and EXPENSIVE!:eek:

Yes, they are more expensive, but that light bar is close to 4 HID's. That coupled with the low amp draw, amazing strength and long levity they make for the ideal setup for some. Plus it was treeroot's birthday yesterday, so he is entitled to buy him some toys. :D

Love that truck. The best looking 80 on here, now viewable from space.

Christo, I'd like to see what those 4" look like mounted in an ARB.

:cheers:

I'm in the middle of installing 5 of them on an Expedition for customer, a 30", 2-10" and 2-6". The quality is exceptional and they are actually priced substantially lower than the Vision-X bars.

Did those lights come standard with a train horn? Need to...

Looks really nice. Is that an AO roof rack they are mounted on?

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom