HOW TO: make sure your kid is straight pimpin' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Threads
There is no limpin' in my kid's pimpin' :flipoff2:

For all those that have kids out there, you've all had to go through the same thing I did. Moving out of the baby rear-facing, straight-jacket, 5-point race harness seat and into an actual booster seat. Its when my baby boy became my, well, not so baby boy anymore. Basically until your kid hit a certain weight or age they needed to ride in a booster seat while in a car. For us this was a total pain because everything we saw was just BUTT freaking ugly. There had to be a solution.

Turns out there isn't one available and I just had to work it out myself. So I called up the upholstery shop that did a bad ass job with my 40's interior. I asked them about working with leather. Turns out they love it. I asked them about a booster seat.

They said, "qué?"

A leather kid's seat.

"You're a crazy gringo. Show us what you want to do."

So my wife and I found a decently shaped booster seat and took it to them. They looked at me like I the biggest retard in the world.

But I persisted. I asked them to make the lines, stitching and bunching the same as found on the LX seats. The said sure.

5 days and $220 later I now had my $300 Child's Booster Seat® (the seat was $80)

The funniest part is that the shop said that they had people commenting on the project and they actually got two people who wanted the same thing done to their leather clad SUV. :grinpimp:

It looks like it was made for the Lexus. In fact thats all I kept hearing while we were using it. Everyone thought it was an option through Lexus. :D

Of course my son is 11 now so maybe its time to sell this thing :hmm:

BTW this thing is about 6ish years old. Just figured it might inspire or make someone gag :flipoff2:
child-seat1.jpg
child-seat2.jpg

Last edited:
Cute. Should have found the one with armrests and a cup holder though. ;)

I have to say you are a bit crazy; how long your boy is going to sit there - 2 years? That will amortize to $150 a year.

Last edited:
I was the worst. When my kid was two years old, she had the coolest seat. She had the controls, and she used them. In my Montero, my daughter had the ability to sit up or lay down. The controls were hers to use. She could sit up and look around, or lay back and take a nap. She has always had that control.
In my wife's van her chair was one of the most custom built child seats ever. It was the chit. The van was hit head-on by a Grand Cherokee traveling at over 55 MPH. The hit was directly head-on. The damage to both vehicles was extreme. The Jeep ended up in the landscaping, laying on its side with the front axle torn out. The van was able to be driven. It left the crash under its own power. It drove itself onto the tow truck. This was following a 55 MPH head-on crash!

That is a truck that I can like! I can appreciate the van!

I would offer to buy that off you but i know my better half has issues with supposed "expiry dates" on child seats etc, i find it hard to belive that the plastic will weaken after a few years but....oh - oh here she comes, nice seat.

Dang, that looks like a Recaro Racing seat, you gotta give me your shop's phone number!
Props!

Dude, I respect your tenacity and overkill attitude, but, sometimes, you're a dork! :cheers:

I mean that in the nicest way possible. :lol:

All that aside, mad props to the mini-pimp. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

Thats rad, you must have alot of spare time on your hands man!

I wouldn't expect to see anything of lesser pimp-ness in you LX. I'm surpirsed you haven't posted it up sooner. It looks good.

I have to say you are a bit crazy; how long your boy is going to sit there - 2 years? That will amortize to $150 a year.

It was three years actually. CA law changed from 60# to 80# which to me just seemed stupid. I don't quite remember when we stopped making him sit in it being as he was so tall.

I would offer to buy that off you but i know my better half has issues with supposed "expiry dates" on child seats etc, i find it hard to belive that the plastic will weaken after a few years but....oh - oh here she comes, nice seat.

Well we worried about expiration dates as well BUT only for baby carriers. Once we went with a NON-adjusting, single piece design we through that whole expiration thing out the window.

Dang, that looks like a Recaro Racing seat, you gotta give me your shop's phone number!
Props!

That's why we got it :grinpimp:

I'd have to hunt down the phone number for the shop I used BUT any good upholstery shop can do it.

I wasn't the one that made it so it wasn't much time.

Yes, I represent Dorks well! :flipoff2:

I didn't post this sooner because its been sitting in my storage area under my townhouse and I just started cleaning it up because I need space and found it again.

Thats rad, you must have alot of spare time on your hands man!

I wouldn't expect to see anything of lesser pimp-ness in you LX. I'm surpirsed you haven't posted it up sooner. It looks good.

Dude, I respect your tenacity and overkill attitude, but, sometimes, you're a dork! :cheers:

I mean that in the nicest way possible. :lol:

All that aside, mad props to the mini-pimp. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

when your kid grows out of the seat put me on the list of those that want it.

hahaha, my kid hasn't used that seat in probably 5 years~ish.

I sent my wife the link of this thread. Her comment was, "why are you selling it?"

Because Vinny doesn't need it anymore and we aren't going to have any more kids and its taking up space.

"But what if...."

But what if what?!?!?

"But what if...we have visitors with a kid?"

Nice save honey, but they can bring their own damn booster seat :p

Seriously? You want some visitors stank ass crappy car seat cramping yo style? B**ch, you straight Trippin.

You crack me up, nice seat!:D

:popcorn:So... for arguments sake, what are you asking for your expired (nudge nudge) seat...

Last edited:
:popcorn:So... for arguments sake, what are you asking for your expired (nudge nudge) seat...

Its not expired...its "seasoned" and "broken in" :flipoff2:

As of today I am not allowed to sell. The :princess: wants some time to think about because she really really loved it and doesn't want to see it go.

So I said, "what if someone offered me $300 for it?"

Her response...."Welp I'm gonna miss it"

Ain't sellin' it yet but I figure it'll give some of you ideas. Heck maybe Shane will do one up as a Group Buy :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom