Newb Q: what do you use to re-wrap the wire loom near the ERG pipes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used "header/exhaust" wrap that you can get at summit or any other performance type shop. I also used the metal ties to secure the wrap.

Jack

x2, done this repair twice (on two different rigs).

If you were to go to a speed/performance shop, you may be able to pick up the short amount you need for almost free, I'd bet.

I used stainless wire to hold mine.

Dan.

NO help here...

..but welcome to MUD :flipoff2:

x2, done this repair twice (on two different rigs).

If you were to go to a speed/performance shop, you may be able to pick up the short amount you need for almost free, I'd bet.

I used stainless wire to hold mine.

Dan.

Do you wrap the wire loom, or the ERG pipes, or both?

Thanks!

I had to really reduce this photo to post it here but this is what we did - DEI (Design Engineering Incorporated) hi-tech / hi-temp heat shielding on the outside, DEI heat sheath sleeve on the inside and DEI stainless steel wire ties holding it tightly together. It has held up really well and I am sure it is protecting the loom from the EGR heat. HTH. :cheers:
Head Gasket Project EGR Wire Loom.jpg

Hey turbo,

I noticed those two cylinders at the rear are lookin a bit more worn than the one's up front.

You can just flip your engine around to balance that out................................:hillbilly:

:grinpimp:

Hey turbo,

I noticed those two cylinders at the rear are lookin a bit more worn than the one's up front.

You can just flip your engine around to balance that out................................:hillbilly:

:grinpimp:

Its just the way the flash hit the surfaces there. Trust me, ANY excuse to buy a brand new block from Dan the Man and I woulda dun it! :D :flipoff2: :D

Its just the way the flash hit the surfaces there. Trust me, ANY excuse to buy a brand new block from Dan the Man and I woulda dun it! :D :flipoff2: :D

Well see, there ya go..! Just show him the picture.. and whoever else you have to convince that your in need of a new engine.

The whole flash thingy ..we'll just keep that between me & you :grinpimp:

:beer:

I used some tape...got it from Summit Racing for a reasonable price....

-o-

ps: I also got rid of the EGR valve assy. completely.

:)
0226081530.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom