tailgate stove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
Well to start those of you who know me know that this has been over a 2 year design. The tailgate on and 80 series was just begging for something liek this and after many trials and models i think i have it all figured out. Be patient with me as schools killing me and i dont have much free time. this is the product so far. :D
IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3313.jpg
IMG_3314.jpg

obviously this isnt done its just a dry fit

Im using a BBQ starter to start the stove and thats what the empty hole is for but i need to modify the mounting as its not deep enough.
IMG_3315.jpg
IMG_3316.jpg

Wow are you back on this again!? I'd given up hope on this and decided to wait for Kevin's 80s tailgate instead:flipoff2:

<------ Subscribing

Drool..... What a great idea! Propane fuel? White gas maybe? Are you concerned about the heat and what affect it may have on the paint job? This is really interesting, keep us posted!

:beer::beer::beer:

this will be propane, i have a trick up my sleeve for that. it will be able to run on the little bottles as well as the standard large tanks. Iv already tested it on the large tank.

Wow are you back on this again!? I'd given up hope on this and decided to wait for Kevin's 80s tailgate instead:flipoff2:

As ive said its been something in the back of my head for awhile. Im going to school for Industrial design and since the last one I have had alot of exposure to new "tools" i.e. CAD, water jet, Milling, Plastics lay up ect.. more tools led to better designs :)

That is a brilliant idea!! :clap: I'm regularly cooking on the tailgate with my two-burner stove and having it mounted in the tailgate would make everything sooo much easier. Keep up the good work!

Subscribed. :flipoff2:i am looking to do something like this to mine.

is there enough room to store a small bottle inside the tailgate? my first drawer system had a Coleman built into the top of it but due to poor design it was always a problem. this looks great.

It would be nice if it was low profile enough to be able to still have the carpet over it to keep it concealed. As your original thread on this stated, what about grease?

How about a sink on the right side? Seriously.
BTW: über-brilliant:clap:

It would be nice if it was low profile enough to be able to still have the carpet over it to keep it concealed. As your original thread on this stated, what about grease?

The plan is to have the original carpet over it (wont know its there until its dinner time :bounce:) As for greese its a sealed unit so im not worried about the stove itself but im working on a removable "drip" tray still have to play with the measurements. Theres also a few other adjustments im making so there wont be any rattles will see :rolleyes:

How about a sink on the right side? Seriously.
BTW: über-brilliant:clap:

if you saw my original thread that was the intent I may look into reopening that idea after the stove is completed. Im working on an all aluminum top for my can m101 so maybe an aluminum sink would work however your only looking at a max depth of 4 inches not to mention not much width. the primary problem you have is the latch linkage hangs out quite a bit so you looks alot of space. I dunno will see when the time comes :D

nice work.

think I'll stick to my smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese though.

no cooking necessary.

Stove is Nice...

That is going to be the a great set up for camping, tailgating, etc. But for manly men, they have to GRILL. When you can char some animal flesh on the back of that rig.... then we have arrived!

Seriously, great job!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom