Factory Snorkel arrived! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
THANKS Dave!

Dave from Japan4X4 was really great to work with on this. He kept me informed on every bit of the research, and shipping!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and I'll be able to install it. I plan on taking detailed pics and doing a write-up for Toyota Trails.
7X series 031.jpg

No template included. It isn't a "kit" just factory replacement parts. I'll come up with something, and take and record measurements for future use.

Ive been wondering about those as an alternative to the Safari. Looking forward to reading about the install and seeing some pics. Looks a lot like a TJM.

Cost: Comparable to Aftermarket stuff, and factory quality, which is better IMHO. Within $50 I think.

Antenna interference: I am anticipating that. If absolutely needed I'll get a universal type, and mount that along the "A" pillar beside the down-tube. Or move the factory antenna to accommodate the tubing. Since the 80 isn't my DD, if I have to take the fender completely off to get things right, that's okay with me. I am definitely not going to let a radio antenna stop me from installing this.

Let me know if you need help to install that snorkel, I would gladly lend you a hand.

It took a week for Dave to gather the parts and 2 weeks to get to me. There was an address error in the shipping though, so it would have been faster. I wasn't in a hurry, nor was I upset about it. Dave kept me completely informed on exactly what was going on. Had he not I would have been a little upset, but I also understand that this stuff was coming from Japan and that can take some time.

As far as adaptability, if you can shorten, lengthen, or bend the flex hose, or even substitute it with something else I see no reason that this part shouldn't be adaptable to whatever engine is under the hood. As long as the intake runs to the passenger side that is.

People here had many debates over them versus the safary, but the general consensus is they like a bit more the safari because is lighter (and cheaper ) !!!

I can't wait to see this installed!

Since the 80 isn't my DD, if I have to take the fender completely off to get things right, that's okay with me. I am definitely not going to let a radio antenna stop me from installing this.

I took the fender off when I installed my Safari. It just made things so much easier.

That looks like a nice snorkle, can't wait to see the install.

Jack

Looks nice!

Be sure to keep us posted with the installation process!

Dave sure knows what he's doing unlike me, that's for sure!

Mot:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom