Still Stuck... PICS (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
EDIT::: THIS IS OLD, IM NOT STUCK, so if your trying to help, thanks, but its over 2 years old. LOL
I was just reminising and looking at how DUMB i was

Well, if anyoe saw my other thread, they would kow my truck is wet, as i type.
Its been in this spot for two nights now, i got a company who charged me 400 to get it out, coming tonight at 5:30

0106081413.jpg

thats KILLING me

0106081412.jpg

0106081410.jpg

:cheers: i guess :doh:

Last edited:
Ouch :frown:

Edit: 2 days...I would have gone and bought a pump and pumped that water out of the hole :) - You need to find a friend with a BIG winch

Last edited:
Last edited:
O...M...G! That would make me insane wanting to get it taken care of.... Sorry about the luck.

yeah man im freaking out

Your ECU is located, well, in that submerged area there.

It is the "brain" for your truck, so to speak. Basically a computer unit that controls most of the engine performance, emissions, OBDII stuff and pretty much everything else that is needed to run your truck correctly.

It is not a cheap. :frown:

Good luck dude.
-onur

I have to ask...What was the guy in the Jeep doing? Certainly he wasn't trying to pull you out from that position was he?

nope i dont think so

, i dont think theres too many electrical components submerged...

or am i dreaming..

how much is not too cheap?

damn i hate college budgets

I have to ask...What was the guy in the Jeep doing? Certainly he wasn't trying to pull you out from that position was he?

nah he was actually gettig close enough to where we could get power to the car so it could come outof park...

on a good note, it ran for like 30 minutes before i turned it off

Unfortunately, from that first pic, your ECU is indeed submerged in water :frown: Tow it home and let it sit and dry out for a few days before you try and start it ...

Tucker

x2.

Actually, take the kick panel off on the PS and pull the ECU (it's a silver box) that is attaching to the inside body panel in there. It's got a ton of wires coming out of it.

Pull it out and assess the situation. Let it dry and put it back in and hopefully, cross your fingers, all is well.

I have an ECU from a 1FZ if yours is shot. Let me know.

Good luck.
-onur

I would actually pull the ECU when you get home and drain it as much as possible then set it over the heater vent in the house for say a week. Plug it back in and try to start the truck, with your fingers and leggs crossed, might as well cross you eyes too.

Dude!!

I was being optimistic and thinking the ECU/ECM was up higher? Or is the ECM different from the ECU?

I hope for his sake the ECU/ECM is sitting just out of reach of that water :)

ECM.JPG

Wheeling alone .. to bad luck dude .. I hope all comes fine with your ECU ( I hope It's fairly up than the water level )

Just a hi lift with a strap can help you instead of a winch .. next time.

The ECU/ECM is fine unless the water got even higher. It';s behind the speaker grill next to the glove box. I'd pull the battery cables to be safe and when you get it on dry land definitely pull that kick panel and make sure everything is dry. If by chance something electronic got wet break down the box and clean it with some PCB cleaner in an aerosol can. Don't just let it air dry. I've had my ECM apart and it's only held together by Philips screws.

We need a sticky for all this college stuff. Remember the kid who was jumping and drifting his 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom