newbie pix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello just thought i would show everyone my first setup before it is sold. I am getting ready to build a turbo set up that will support more hp.

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

WOW! Nicely done! Very impressive!

Welcome!!:flipoff2:

Very nice!!! your knowledge shall make you a pretty popular guy around here. Likin the all black, now just black out the bumper and lose the roofrack; but sounds like that will be someone elses project (or are you just selling engine mods)

And what exactly is your setup?

Wow Very Nice!!!

Would love to hear some details about your set-up and how it has held up.:cheers:

Very nice!!! your knowledge shall make you a pretty popular guy around here. Likin the all black, now just black out the bumper and lose the roofrack; but sounds like that will be someone elses project (or are you just selling engine mods)

I'm just selling the kit to make room for a bigger turbo setup :D

What did you use to control/tune the engine? What kind of power did it make with this initial setup?

Are you planning on making your own manifold or purchasing a cast one?

And what exactly is your setup?

Would love to hear some details about your set-up and how it has held up.:cheers:

I started this build almost two years ago. At the time i owned a repo buisness in North Carolina and a performance automotive shop in Clearwater Florida. I already had the turbo and the wastegate for a build i was getting ready to do on my Honda S2000 .The S2000 engine block was out at golden eagle getting sleeved and solid decked witch was taking forever. Well one day while changing the oil i was looking at the engine bay and saying to myself look at all of that empty space on the exhaust side of the engine so i grabbed a turbonetics 60-1 i had and held it in the empty space and it just wasen't big enough (it looked lost) so then i held the HKS TO4Z in there and 72hrs later it was done. The 80 is tuned with a greddy Emanage ultimate with the greaddy map sensor (NO MORE MASS AIR SENSOR) and 1000cc precision injectors and a innovate wide band to keep track of the air fuel ratio.I ran the stock engine on as much as 18psi for a about 6 months until it spit the #3 rod out the oil pan and block .it also went threw a couple of transmissions the first year so last winter i built me a new engine with J&E pistons and crower forged billet I beam rods (not the H beam) then a "bullet proof" tranny I will have to get back to yall on that!!! . all in all i love my 80 i have owned many vehicles and this has been my favorite. I only have one dyno video but i will post it in a few moments. :)

DSC01006.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

What did you use to control/tune the engine? What kind of power did it make with this initial setup?

Are you planning on making your own manifold or purchasing a cast one?

Greddy E Manage ultimate with map sensor (no more mass air sensor)

@10psi around 348hp 398tq

@18psi around 503hp 576tq

@30psi around 722hp 816tq

I'm guessing this is the 13-second LC I heard was running around Tampa not too long ago..

Are you still in the Clearwater area?

Very nice setup. Keep the details coming! :beer:

Yes that's me , it went 13's @ 13-16psi at bradenton motorsports park .I was leaving the line at 2800rpm with about 6-8 psi built up on the torque converter.

still live in clearwater about half of the year and winston salem N.C. the rest of the time.

This is Jimmy from Gulf Coast Turbo, right?

I'm down in Bradenton and would love to come up and check this thing out in person before it goes under the knife..

Yes it is me. Had you been to the shop or did somone tell you about it.

holy smokes, what an awesome 80!
keep coming w/ the details! what did you do handle the exhaust manifold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom