Is there an "ACTIVE VACATION" 80series package (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen about 2 or 3 80s in the Philippines that sport this "ACTIVE VACATION" emblems/stickers. They are pasted on the rear doors and on the tailgate window. The first time I saw one, I thought it is an aftermarket emblem. But after seeing the same set of emblems on 2 more 80s, it got me thinking. Maybe this is an option for those who are more into the outdoor lifestyle like camping, etc.

As such, did Toyota really released an ACTIVE VACATION package/option for the 80series (whatever market/specs)? I know that in the USspecs 80s, you have what you call the Tow package. And here on Mud, I chanced upon an 80 that has been labelled as a "SNOW version".

If yes, what comprises the package? I looked inside the first 80 I saw and I can't see any thing different about his JDM as compared to mine (except his is a lot nicer and cleaner than my rig).

Hope you can help a curious mind.

It could be a dealer added package. My buddy's Xterra had Pathfinder rims, running boards, Westin bull bar and window wind deflectors added at the dealer and sold as the Adventure package (they even made a vinyl sticker for all 4 trucks they did this way).

The US tow package (I think) is a port installed item, which means it was added when it hit US soil. Not really a factory option package.

What was in the Snow version?

i cant speak for the overseas markets and possible packages, but the tow package is more of a dealer add on, including trailer hitch and wiring but doesnt go as far as beefier brakes or better gears or any of the like. You got me curious where you saw this "snow" edition; my bet is that is a decal maker at work and no true toyota release, or some overzealous seller tryin to pass another Jeff Corwin additon. US market had the collectors edition and the 40th anniversary and very few poverty pack editions (cloth, non sliding windows, no roof rack, running boards, wind deflector) but they were not officially labeled as such.

Did you see any curtains inside. That to me would say "ACTIVE VACATION".

It could be a dealer added package. My buddy's Xterra had Pathfinder rims, running boards, Westin bull bar and window wind deflectors added at the dealer and sold as the Adventure package (they even made a vinyl sticker for all 4 trucks they did this way).

The US tow package (I think) is a port installed item, which means it was added when it hit US soil. Not really a factory option package.

What was in the Snow version?

I saw this snow version in this thread.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=173663&highlight=snow+version

And after reading again the posts, there was a mention of "ACTIVE VACATION" by joinerman.

Yes it is an official Toyota package in Japan.

I bought one for Rudy last year. He is on here someplace.

User name LandCrusher80

It has some stuff in it that the VX etc. did not get. I forget what.

I've seen some JDM diesels with a roll-down cover to block the radiator in winter; maybe that's part of the "snow" package.

My JDM came with a "camping kit"; a metal frame with removable mattresses, sink with tap and fresh/waste water containers and a swing out cook stove. I think I read someplace that new vehicles equipped like that for sleeping had a different tax rate.

My JDM came with a "camping kit"; a metal frame with removable mattresses, sink with tap and fresh/waste water containers and a swing out cook stove. I think I read someplace that new vehicles equipped like that for sleeping had a different tax rate.

Pictures pictures pictures!! Please :D

Do you have any pictures of your 'camping kit'? Was it a Toyota branded kit or something installed by a shop?

The Active Vacation was a special model offered by Toyota that included a " camping kit ". A bed, gas stove, sink, sliding windows for the diesel version.

Dave mine is not a Active Vacation; but yet another limited version of a VX limited.

Cheers,

LAndcrusher80

Yes it is an official Toyota package in Japan.

I bought one for Rudy last year. He is on here someplace.

User name LandCrusher80

It has some stuff in it that the VX etc. did not get. I forget what.

X2 on the pictures of a "Camping Kit".
For those who have he Active Vacation package, please post pics as well (paging Rudy aka Landcrusher80 and joinerman)

Not a 80, but totally cool....Here's a Prado "ACTIVE VACATION"

index.php

post-102-1105339326.jpg

Heres a late model HDJ81. Im not sure which this version is. They pop up for sale now and then. The Active Vacation 80's ive seen usually have the tailgate mounted ladder as well as interior curtains.
You also see the 'camping kits' for sale on their own after they have been removed from the vehicle by the new owner.

Theres not much demand for the kits.
48569039_full.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Active Vacation package also came with the sliding 3rd-row windows, even on the HDJ's (usually with fixed windows) and possibly with the bug screens on those as well.

The camping kits are just merely(sp) to get tax break on renewing registration fees, but they've raised it a little while ago so there's really no benefit of getting the camping kit in the back anymore. I believe you cannot registe new SUV's as camping vehicles anymore.

HTH's!

Mot:)

Mot, i see what you mean about the sliding rear windows on the HDJ's - i havent noticed that before. The only two 'Active' models that ive seen interior shots of both had diff locks, i wonder if that was part of the package as well.
active1.jpg
active2.jpg
active3.jpg

88 plates are still worth it, two years Shakken vs. my one year 100 plates.

I have not done it personally, but a lot of the guys who are not using the camping kits or don't even have them in their trucks change to the 100 plates.

Their logic is that instead of spending ¥¥¥¥¥ every two years for shaken they would rather they spent ¥¥¥¥ every year to do preventive maintenance, so to speak, on their vehicles since it doesn't cost that much more over the span of two years.

Mot, i see what you mean about the sliding rear windows on the HDJ's - i havent noticed that before. The only two 'Active' models that ive seen interior shots of both had diff locks, i wonder if that was part of the package as well.

Not sure about all of the "Active Vacation" models coming with lockers or not.

The funny thing is that they do not seem to put "that" much value on having the factory lockers in Japan.

In fact, they seem to even tease you if you were an amateur enough to require the usage of them.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom