130 or 150 amp Alternator upgrade (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Slapping a 130 amp alternator to the 1FZ has turned out to be very doable. The most difficult part is the adjustment bracket for the lower mount, it needs to be custom made. Not something I am keen on cutting out by hand multiple times...

A friend of mine recently purchased a 2D CAD CAM Plasma table, mass production of this bracket is suddenly easy... how many people want this? If enough people show interest, I'll crunch the numbers.

Read this post for more info https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=74878

I'll take 2.

I'll take one. So you are using the tundra Alt. and changing the pulley?

Yes, the pulley bolts on to the Tundra alternator. BUT, I do need to verify one thing. I have two FZJ80 stock alternators, one had a pulley that did not have the proper offset, and one did. I need to verify which pulley works, and what vehicles it came on.

I'm down for 1. I was watching your other thread about the bracket and the Tundra alt. Thanks for setting that up. :cheers:

Does a new belt need to be sourced, or can we use the stock belts?

I'm interested.

Stock length belts work fine. The belts are a little tough to get off when losening the alternator only, the larger case dosn't allow it to pivot in as close to block as the stocker. Worst cases, stock belts and maybe pull the waterpump pulley to replace the belts, or use a slightly longer belts.

Count me in. Thanks, man!

hmm, I would be down for one.

How much is the tundra alt...that is what hurts most I suspect :)

I'm in for one. I assume the 130 amp alternators are in all 2002-2006 V8 Tundras?

PS. If you need any particular measurements, I have a 2002 V8 Tundra in my driveway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom