Hi-lift Mount options... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search, so don't blast me, yet. I didn't find what I am looking for. I am looking for ways to mount a Hi-lift jack on 4runners, without swingout or roof mounts. I have a pretty stock 89 4runner and hate to hear my Hi-lift rattling around in the back of my rig. And it has to fit diagonal in order to get it to fit. Any pix and ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Cool, Thanks. Was trying to find some DIY/Homemade ones.

I make these locking mounts for guys. Simple.

Just spin on the chained nut till its tight and dont rattle and lock it.

The small chunk of all thread gets mounted at the other end like a pin for it to sit on to lock the top in one place.

To keep the handle form rattling you just cut a sleeve of tire innertube and slide it over the jack rack and handle.
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG

holy s***, that is sexy!

looks like a plastic hi-lift case cut in half with the sheet metal cut to fi it. I would imagine there's a simple strap of metal behind that to mount and support the weight of the hi-lift

*edit* I knew I remembered seeing that truck somewhere, it was Toyota 4WD Owner awhile back - 2008 IIRC
click here

Last edited:
to al his own i would not do that, fawk our trucks rust fast enough, also i think the rear gas cap would look a lot better recessed!

looks like a plastic hi-lift case cut in half with the sheet metal cut to fi it. I would imagine there's a simple strap of metal behind that to mount and support the weight of the hi-lift

*edit* I knew I remembered seeing that truck somewhere, it was Toyota 4WD Owner awhile back - 2008 IIRC
click here

a plaxtic hi-lift case cut in half. OK, i guess???

No its all bent sheetmetal. But it is tacked to the inner bracing of the body for support. I've been in the mag several times and done a fair amount of writting for them too. In fact in the July/August issue of 2010 I wrote a fairly long and detailed article on suspension geometry called "Suspension 411". After which I started my own company designing suspension systems.

The High lift jack mount was built, one: because i got bord one weekend and two: I did Sledge Hammer one weekend on 35"s one year and had to unload the jack from the back of my Runner about seven different times which just got stupid after every 100' to have to unpack the truck. So the jack bathtub happened. I live on the westcoast and know nothing of rust. With that said the only thing that rusts are the things I leave unpainted. That tub was certainly not my best and since its inception I've come up with better ways of building it so it doesn't looks so MadMax.

I do appreicate the interest and if you're interested enough to want one please let me know.

Sorry about the bad pic, but I have mine mounted on the factory roll bar...
2011-03-08 19.44.00.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom