Exhaust(ing) rant... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For christmas my dad hooked me up with a 'hooker' header. My brother also got a hooker header, both from jegs. My dad had a good hookup on some hookers for the family.
Hooker Headers 8900 Hooker Headers Competition Headers
Needless to say, Jegs and Toyota don't exactly belong together. I think my truck is morally unexcepting to put an unmolested hooker on her.

As you might infer, it didnt fit.

So i molested it. No pictures because its 11* and about 28* in the shop so pictures were the absolute last thing on my mind.

Ill get pics after shes all finished. On the way to the exhaust shop 2morrow.

As for the muffler, what should i get? Cheap-o-depo glasspack? Flowmaster?

Im running 2.25" all the way out of her. Going to have the exhaust guy stop after the axle and bend it towards the passanger side that way I can put a muffler on her. And, Ive always like my exhaust to exit on the side with the gas cap.

Blue is firewall

Grey is how we cut/mounted new collector. the bend isn't that bad.
Header.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, say that agin, I got as far as your Dad got you and your brother a pair of hookers? :lol:

Pics dang it!

Basically, it didnt fit. So i cut it up and welded it back together. Its now below 0 after the wind chill, so how about... No pics for now!?

:) Just giving you crap is all. Get it done and lets hear how it works and sounds. :D

Hmmm, maybe the engineers intended it to go differently b/c of fire hazard, like while fueling up, but most smart folk turn the truck off when fueling, right?

I heard rumor it exits to the left b/c they didn't want the passengers getting the fumes, so they put it on the traffic side..who knows.. :clap:

I want it to exit on the gas cap side because its the side with the intake, gas filler, fuse box, battery, starter and passenger. That way, if I submerge one side It will be the driver side and all the important stuff is left out. And I want it to look different...

But the truthful reason is... I havent bought a muffler and all he has are cheap turbo mufflers. I want it ran all the way because its to cold outside to sit under a truck and weld/bend. So if I do it this way i put a 90* bend piece, run the muffler along the width of the bed and exit it.

I always figured it was because they wanted the fuel and exhaust to stay away from each other... And I also figured that the gas fill is on the pass side because it was designed in Japan... where it would be on the correct side...

I guess that the submersion theory makes sense, but the real answer is you will not always have the choice of which side so submerge, so which side it exits is mute. You need to water proof that other stuff and not worry about the exhaust...

The snow still makes my back cold, and I havent been near a camera until after dark.... So im holding out on you guys :flipoff2: it sounds AMAZING though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom