85 4Runner stolen, auburn CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
some one decided they wanted my 85 4Runner last night and stole it from my driveway.
Please keep an eye out for this truck... thanks!
HPIM0152_320x240.JPG

Tony, I'll keep an eye out arount the S.F. Bay Area for you. PM me the plate and last 6 of your vin please.

WTF..the karma someone would have to face for stealing the rig owned by the president of TLCA is beyond me, let alone the balls to do such a thing.. :bang:

we will keep an out out down here in the Central Valley. Can you post up some more pictures so that we get a good look at it?

Tony, I'll keep an eye out arount the S.F. Bay Area for you. PM me the plate and last 6 of your vin please.

WTF..the karma someone would have to face for stealing the rig owned by the president of TLCA is beyond me, let alone the balls to do such a thing.. :bang:

if you would like to pm me the same information i will keep my eyes open in reno. too bad man, thats a great looking rig.

I cross posted this on another forum that I frequent for you

Good luck - that's a nice looking rig

3BRE927

License 3BRE927

Black SR5 5 spd. White top. Gray interior.

I suspect its being parted out right now...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

AFAIK, no "Thanks" are necessary, you have done so much for all of us I personally feel it is at least owed to you.

Worse comes to worse, let me know if help is needed with whatever build/repairs later on. I need the excuse to visit friends and family that way soon.

FYI:

4runnerchevy said:
Contact the Aptos/Freedom CHP if you had a Toyota stolen or parts stolen around Central Cali. They busted a Toyota theft ring, and chop shop in the mountains of Santa Cruz. Also if you know someone who bought a Toyota truck/or runner in this area, it may have stolen parts, especially if its built.
UltimateYota.com - Chop Shop Ring Caught in Santa Cuz

Corax beat me to it...I'll pm that to him so I knw he's seen it. Tony, for that matter, anyone else having had something stolen in the area or w/i 5 hours range of Santa Cruz, contact Aptos P.D. asap and have your vehicle reg and vin info available to fax over if need be.

keepimg an eye out

here in the east bay area for that rig of yours,lets hope they just took it for a joy ride and not sell it in pieces like you mentioned.make sure you keep on checking craigslist in sacramento and bay area for possible parts coming up also report it to CHP and local police.

John

For the masses involved in a search for their vehicle..Word is they will be doing the contacts to the vehicle owners themselves, but if like me, you also have recorded your serial numbers from your transmission flange, transfer case, and engine, you will be able to call them and provide your license plate and/or vin and get things underway.

CHP's phone number there is (831)622-0511

Please though, as they're likely still busy figuring out things, do not call them up all at once..

"Please wait until we contact you, or after 30 days, feel free to contact us with the information as investigations are ongoing."

Also, keep in mind that although you might have signed off some interest in the recovery of your vehicle if insurance has paid you out, you do have rights to recovery and can always use the buy-back clause.

Wow, huge thanks and Kudos to everyone for their attention and monitoring of this situation.

I did contact the Santa Cruz area CHP and left info, although they noted that if they found my truck, they would contact me.

I have been scouring the Craigslist, and checking out the front of every Toyota I see in case they are sporting my custom front winch bumper.

No news what so ever, which is depressing because I would imagine that as more time slips by, my chances grow slimmer and slimmer of recovering in one piece.

On the bright side... I've still got my OHV friends and my health. Ya, I just to think positive thoughts. :)

thanks again everyone, very appreciative.

Oh, I do have a 4runner half top that no longer has a truck to sit upon in case anyone in the area is interested. I also have those interior gray trim pieces for the top that always break.

Again, no worries man, just let us know whatever ends up happening and when and if there ends up being a build party or event that springs out of this so we can help out. I need the excuse to head up that way in Spring anyhow. (IOW Club or Personal event, I won't possibly see you all until the next Petaluma swap if not.)

found?

just checking if you found your rig.update?

just checking if you found your rig.update?

Yes, recovered as per his post in the clubhouse, sorry those of us who replied there forgot to post it up here.

Recovered night of 12/30, near Lake Clementine... stripped but not burned.

cost 804 to get out of the impound yard and towed home. Will post photos later...

Not much good news here but... the engine is there and almost intact, the tranny transfer are still present.

The IFS box is still there... but obviously, interior trashed for stereo removal, tires axles springs shocks drivelines gone, top gone.

Hood doors and tailgate still there.

Winch and winch bumper gone of course.

I still wish he'd go ahead and build it back up, but it might be a chance for someone else to grab it and build it themselves, and this time around put a buttload of security into it IMHO.

Damn, that sucks. I always worry about rolling my rig, and have once already. Never thought much about it being stolen, at least you can salvage a rolled vehicle. IMHO there really aren't any good anti-theft measures, car alarms are near worthless, and something like lo-jack is pricey.

That sucks. It's already bad enough that the rig was stolen but the owner has to pay the impound lot too.:mad: All I know is that thieves should be shot on sight no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom