New 70 series 2007 with body Fabrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a new 70 series 2007 with body Fabrication .
Enjoy the pics :)
4d9022fc0a (Small).JPG
4ac1fa1ed4 (Small).JPG
8ab70a7d8f (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Hi Xray. Very Nice! I am interested to buy the new V8 Twin Turbo Diesel Land Cruiser Short Wheel 70 Series Model. The left hand drive model is not avaible in the americas, is it over there? I would like to get in touch with a toyota dealer from over there? Do you know if in South Africa, Capetown, this version is available? Is closer..anyways..want to buy the truck and ship it down here...any help will be apreciated. Thanks.

Looks nice. but rear overhang quite substantial and will get caught in crossings.

The V8 twin turbo not yet available in RSA from the Toyota, but some imports form Australia is around. They are on the market there with the pick-up ( bakkie we call it ) and I think with the 70 series wagonn as well.

Would seriously consider swapping my 4500 petrol for that V8. The diesel here on the 70 series is old 4.2 straight 6. Slow noisy etc

Hi Basie. Yes, I have a 1HZ 70 series with turbo. Very nice with the turbo kit, less noise and a lot of more power, oh well...at least more! But I am interested to buy the new version with the V8 and it must be Left Hand Drive...I know this version is available correct? RSA is..?

Last edited:
Hi Xray. Very Nice! I am interested to buy the new V8 Twin Turbo Diesel Land Cruiser Short Wheel 70 Series Model. The left hand drive model is not avaible in the americas, is it over there? I would like to get in touch with a toyota dealer from over there? Do you know if in South Africa, Capetown, this version is available? Is closer..anyways..want to buy the truck and ship it down here...any help will be apreciated. Thanks.

Do you mean like below pic?
Any how i'll try to get toyota dealer contact soon.
e91230a70f.jpg

Last edited:
South African Vehicles are RHD

Note that vehicles in South Africa are RHD.

Please please please be cautious buying these landcruisers from Aus, as they are in some cases stolen!

I'm sure there are probably some reputable agencies exporting new landcruisers out of Aus, but there are apparantly cases of these vehicles being stolen at only a few days old and shipped offshore.

Sean

Please please please be cautious buying these landcruisers from Aus, as they are in some cases stolen!

I'm sure there are probably some reputable agencies exporting new landcruisers out of Aus, but there are apparantly cases of these vehicles being stolen at only a few days old and shipped offshore.

Sean

Where did you hear this? Oz is a part of a Interpol agreement and no vehicle can leave port without a clearance.

Those dual cab conversions are doomed if they try and carry anything heavier than the weekly shopping.

Last edited:
Nope RSA is South Africa ( I am in Namibia, jsut next door ) and we drive on the left side of the road - so right hand drive like the Auissies it is

I cant buy it in Aus because is RHD and I need it LHD! :) ......and If i buy it..it will be to a Toyota Dealer..brand new...

You might want to try to Toyota dealer in Oman. They sell hundreds of LHD cruisers a month, lots of exports to Northern Africa.

Only problem is that most of these will be petrol. Maybe you can get the V8 diesel as special option.

i like your conversion...nice work of art.
i hate to see the bill for the work though.
cheers and welcome to Mud

Do you mean like below pic?
Any how i'll try to get toyota dealer contact soon.

This truley look rare, a 70 series in Saudi with a v8 diesel, very rare indeed. and LHD of course. That picture is from Saudi correct? If so I will definetly try to get one :D

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:
Rosco-Hi what do you mean doomed,chassis failure or the load bin collapsing?

The roof forms part of the structural strength and its no longer connected and they have also added 400mm to the length.
I can see they have added some reinforcing but it still looks weak where the top of the tub joins the rear pillar.
I predict it will crack the body in that area but it will depend on the load and how its driven especially offroad

A stronger way would be like this one below so it can move around a little independantly to the body, but I guess the Saudi customer wants the factory look,but I it will depend on the load and how is driven
mypictures001 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom