Been busy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's some pics of what I have been up to lately:

Built anti wrap Bar, turned rear axle towards T-case, installed Mini truck c/v shaft & installed customized front & rear stock springs. The rears have 11 leaves & the fronts have 8.
DSC01754.JPG

Last edited:
front sliders are made from 1.5" schedule 40 & all other is made from 1.25" schedule 40 Black steel pipe.

the bends were all made using the Harbor Freight pipe bender.

The 1.5" bends were not as nice as the 1.25" since the die was defective but overall it turned out pretty good.

I need to get the springs out and really flex them since they gave me about 3" of lift. They should flatten out nicely.

now thats impressive. What size was the tubing you used for the rear quarter panel guards?

jesus - that's some great work there. very impressive. that color sure grows on you after a while... dig the simple style of the sliders as well.

CTiger said:
man, that looks sick. like the color :eek: :D
are those 1/4 panel sliders intergrated into a rear bumper, or what? Attached to the frame? looks good...

Thanks! that color is about the brightest yellow I could find... should be some painting pics somewhere here on the board.

the rear sliders are welded to the frame & independant from the bumper.

I need to re-do my rear bumper since the rockstomper hinge snapped. I just ordered 2 of the heavy spindles from Lance over at Ironpigs.com. That project is next!

ga89hoss said:
now thats impressive. What size was the tubing you used for the rear quarter panel guards?

The rears are made out of 1.25" pipe & 2x2X3/16" sqare tube (its what I had)

These were more work than I thought it would be especially with all the fighting I did with bending the 1.5" pipe.

Nice work....love the rear sliders...Whats next?

3puttcop said:
Nice work....love the rear sliders...Whats next?

Rebuild the rear bumper, I'm going to add 2" wheel spacers, need a set of Longs for the front, re-seal the T-case, skid plate/ belly pan, maybe an interior cage (not from pipe due to weight) & probably a bunch of other stuff.

Here's a list of what the truck has:

93 TBI350 & 700r4 w/ advanced adapter
York on-board Air
rear FF w/ eldo disc brakes, 4.88's, Arb rear & LR front
Bunch of other stuff I have forgot.

Looks great sixty! Nice job and surprisingly, nice color too. I've never seen a yellow 60 before and wouldn't have thought it would look that great!

how did you customize the springs. did you use add-a-leafs from OME or somewhere else

Last edited:
stanley said:
how did you customize the springs. did you use add-a-leafs from OME or somewhere else

I got a set of fj62 springs that already have 8 leaves & then took a set of rear springs from an fj60 & cut the leaves to length accordingly. Of the three you highlighted 1 of those (the shortest one) is stock toyota in the fj62 springs.
It looks like they just added an additional leaf that is not tapered & cut just like I cut mine.

This is the third set of springs on my SOA in about 25k miles. This set should last and be able to handle being flat a little better than the previous sets I had (6 leaf & 8 leaf, stock fj60 is 6 & 4).

I also forgot to mention that fj60 spring bushing fit snugly inside of 1.25" schedule 40 pipe. That is what I used for bushings on the anti wrap bar. the shackle is off an fj62.

Now go make another set of sliders for bob..

:flipoff2:

Looks good, how much flex will that wrap bar have???

Thats a great looking Cruiser. What's the spare tire setup?

Mace said:
Now go make another set of sliders for bob..

:flipoff2:

Looks good, how much flex will that wrap bar have???

You can borrow my bender :flipoff2: :D I need to exchange the die first though.

So far I cannot get the springs to flex enough to tell but it should not limit flex at all. You see any reason it should? How was PR? You catch anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom