VR Position on FJ60 Alternators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trapper50cal

TEQ Frame of Mind
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I've looked at 7 or 8 threads, I can't find confirmation.

It looks like I'll be needing a new alternator and I would like to buy the right one (from RockAuto) for my 1987 fj60

Is the clock position of the Voltage Regulator (external) identified by looking at it from the front (pulley side) or the back (wire side)?

IOW, do I need a 2 o'clock VR position or a 10 o'clock position VR Alternator?

55amp?

Here's pics of mine J.. I may be wrong but I'd call it 2 o'clock position.

J

P1020128.jpg

P1020129.jpg

P1020130.jpg

yeah, agreed. But I never got specific confirmation. Looking back on my own pic in that thread...it's not the wire side retainer clip that's broke, it's the little tooth
on the alt side of the connector...

Ya don't wanna go with a reman OE Denso ? As in Reevesci's pic ?

Ya don't wanna go with a reman OE Denso ? As in Reevesci's pic ?

Or a local auto electrical rebuild. The parts store rebuilds are a crap shoot at best and a $53 alternator is a $53 alternator.

How much does Cruiserdan want for a reman? In my experience Toyota is generally reasonable about electrical rebuild parts.

Dunno - was just reading the RED print in the Denso link... Maybe you're getting the last of the stock?

:meh:

Ok I was going to say that there was a very recent post that someone was able to purchase a new reman from Toyota for about $75. I have the part number in my Evernote list and was seriously debating on just grabbing a whole new alt vs. just buying the pulley (mine is some crappy small belt version). The pulley buy itself is like $20ish so that is why I am debating, then at least I would have a back up if needed?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom